Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to go to 12" factory wheels instead of the ballon 10" on the rear of my Polaris Magnum 425, are their hubs off of any other model that will interchange, so i can run new take offs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried a hub from a '95 sportsman 500 and the splines and he were to big, thinking about tryi g 1 off of a 2000 330

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the wheel bolt spacing may be different on them years...find out what the wheel pattern is for rear wheels and get them in 12" if available....newer models are 4/156...not sure what yours is....

·
Registered
737 Posts
A friend of mine has two rear wheels for sale off if a Polaris expedition. It has a solid rear a le as well. He bought a set of used tires and rims and swamped out the rear rims for sportsman rims. They are 12 inch I am not sure of the brand. He wants to sell them if you are interested I can get you his contact info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That maybe an option, I may not have explained myself very well, my hub bolt pattern is 4/4? I believe, I am wanting to put a 4/156 hub on it. I thought they would all interchange, but that's not the case, the splines are different

·
Registered
737 Posts
I got what you were saying that you wanted a new hub. I don't know of one. That was why I brought up the idea of different rims. Maybe you could have custom wheel spacers machined to get you to a 4/156 pattern.

I don't know of anything on the market but if you talked to a machinist I would think they could easily make a set. It would be spendy I am sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I recently posted up a similar question in another section looking for hubs to convert my 2000 magnum from 4x4 to 4x156. I haven't gotten any hits on it yet. I was told by someone on another forum that 02-05 magnum hubs would fit and they have the 4x156. I bought some and they don't fit. Hub splines are a different size. I have now ordered some rear hubs for an 03 predator. I have been guaranteed (by a different someone on another thread) that they will fit my axle and they are 4/156. Only the 03 is 4/156. After 03 they went to a 4x110 I think it was on the rear Predator so you have to get 03 ones for the 4x156. I don't know if the axle splines on a 95 magnum 425 are the same as my 2000 325 but when I get the predator hubs I will post up if they fit. (couldn't find any used hubs and was to impatient to wait so I ordered new ones. $90 a piece so I sure hope they fit.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah please let me know how that, my next hub to try was off of an '03 magnum 330? I think. But you said that didn't work out. I am not familiar with the predator. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
497 Posts
OK, I recently received the 03 Predator hubs. The splines are the same size as my 00 magnum 325 axle. The predator hubs are a little thicker and don't leave enough treads to get a cotter key in the factory castle nut. I went to the hardware store and picked up some thin nylock nuts and was able to use both factory washers and install a cotter key behind the nut on the left side. I had to use some wire to install in the right side hole because there just wasn't enough hole showing to get in a cotter pin. The second problem I had was that after installing some 04 Sportsman rear wheels the rear is quite a bit narrower than the front. The right side tire actually rubs the exhaust when the suspension compresses. After market wheels might alleviate this but I am going to install some 1.5 inch wheel spacers and that should bring me out even with the front if not more.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I like the look from the side but from the rear it looks kind of funny because it is so narrow compared to the front. I have some 1.5 inch spacers on the way so that will widen the track and get the tire off the exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts