Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any input about whether there is any real harm or issues up sizing badly worn rear 24's to aggressive 25's and leaving the front for now half worn 24'S ? no big deal or change them all at same time...this is for an older mag 325...

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it's a two wheel drive no problem, If it's a 4/all wheel drive the front's and rears need to be the same "diameter" ( thats a must on trucks) so the fronts
and rear cover the same distance in one rotation otherwise the transfer case will
become lunch. I know this to be true on trucks I can only assume it"s true for
ATV's

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ true for most atv's.

Some Polaris models came with 1" bigger tires in the rear, it was the only way the 4wd would work correctly.

however, if your machine isnt currently like this, you shouldnt do it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Since yours has the hilliard clutches in the front outers, i doubt anything gets torn up.
The four wheel drive(front hubs) won't lock in, due to the different diameters, unless you get into some real soup. Probably shouldn't do it for too long though, you'll miss the four wheel drive.
If things are a lil tight, you could run down to your atv dealer, doesn't have to be polaris, and ask them if they have any deals on some new or used take-offs,. Ya never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts