Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Polaris sportsman 570 SP with power steering and it has the factory aluminum wheels. does anybody know the biggest tires I can put on these wheels without putting on a lift kit?

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
28" or they'll rub the floor boards.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
Yes!! The difference being you have the SP which has the front end geometry like the XP. The strut front end Sportsman's have interference issues when going to a taller wider front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am clearing 27×9 and 27x11 on the factory aluminum wheels on my 16 570 sp with no lift. I only trimmed a little off the rear wheel well behind the footboard to guarantee enough clearance in all situations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are M1 evils. They are great tires but kinda heavy because they only come in 8 ply for these sizes. 33 lbs front and 38 lbs rear. In this pic you can see where I trimmed the footboard in the rear vertical area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes!! The difference being you have the SP which has the front end geometry like the XP. The strut front end Sportsman's have interference issues when going to a taller wider front.
Does this mean the sp models can run a bigger/wider tire in the front? I’m wanting to run 29.5x10x14 all around with a 2” lift

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
im going to say no but im not 100% on making that claim that 10" fronts will not fit. also another problem with going same fronts and rears is the rims aren't the same width. fronts are 6" and rears are 8" wide.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
They are M1 evils. They are great tires but kinda heavy because they only come in 8 ply for these sizes. 33 lbs front and 38 lbs rear. In this pic you can see where I trimmed the footboard in the rear vertical area.
thats not toooooooooo bad. being a 570 you defintly want to be conservative with tire weights and heights. my rule has always been try and keep it at or below 30lb fronts and 35lb rears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts