Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my new mudlite xtr's on ss212 on my 04 sportsman.i love them no more hard steering! i went with 26's instead of stock 25's. i was told theyd rub. but they they rub more than i thought! can i turn the shocks up to help, or maybe us spring spacers, or do i need a 2' lift? i really dont want to lift it. does anyone know if a leveling kit would help and where i can find one? i remember reading in this forum about somebody making ther own leveling kit but cant find it. so if you read this please tell me how you did it.
:feedback:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You could run 1" wheel spacers to move the tires away from the shocks. Also, if the fronts are wider than stock, you have to be careful the tires don't rub the outer tie rod ends.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah, i would go with wheel spacers if you dont want to lift. turning the shocks up or a spring spacer really wont help your rubbing issue.

i agree with everything rotaxdave said

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so wheel spacers will keep it from rubbing the fender flare, cause thats all i can tell thats rubbing. are 2" lifts really all that bad? cause ive been told that it will put stuff like drive shafts are other components in a bind or make them where qicker?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, front tire towards back of fender.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you now where i can find them?

·
Registered
563 Posts
do you now where i can find them?
www.highlifter.com They are for 05-08 models and are designed to be used with a 2" lift lit.A 2" lift alone should cure your problem without the forward a-arms but they are good to have if you plan to run 30"-31" tires and install gorilla axles or something similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.