Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I will loose some hp but will there really be that much of a loss difference between the 2 on a 500. I hear the bighorn originals wear better and have better tread but what about hp loss

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would say yes, thee will be a noticeable loss on a 500. There is about a 4 lb difference per tire between the two, so an extra 16 lbs of rotating mass on a smaller hp quad.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have the 2.0s on a 400, and I really didn't notice any power difference at all. I'd imagine that the 500 would handle Bighorn Originals equally well. I stuck with the stock size, btw. If you're going up to 26's, im sure you'll feel it with either tire, but I can't really speak to that since I haven't done it.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I run 25" BH originals & haven't really noticed any.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok thanks that's good to know I was kinda pushing for the bighorn originals.do you have any performance mods or clutch work? Would aluminum rims like in your profile pic cut down on the weight?

I would go stock size

·
Super Moderator
7,078 Posts
I run 26" original BH's on ITP Delta steel wheels the wife's 500. It does not have or need any modifications.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run 26" original BH's on ITP Delta steel wheels the wife's 500. It does not have or need any modifications.
Ok thanks that's perfect I'll go for the 25inch original bighorns then

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

x2 except stock rims.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
ok thanks that's good to know I was kinda pushing for the bighorn originals.do you have any performance mods or clutch work? Would aluminum rims like in your profile pic cut down on the weight?

I would go stock size
No performance mods all stock except the air filter. The rims I have are stock as well & it came with 25" carlisles. Whenever the BH wear out going to move up to 26". Thought your 500 came with 26" tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts