Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a set of bighorns last week . going to swap the bighorns ob my stock wheels over to my wife's 2013 850xp ho to replace her stock tires. does anyone know if the ITP ss212's are heavier than the stock rims for an 2013 850 xp ho le? as my wife has the identical quad that I have i'm leaning on buying a set of the ITP 212 in matte black and mounting 26 inch bighorns on mine

I also noticed that its 14x6 as compared to other wheels that 14x7 ?

would I need to install a clutch kit with that tire wheel combo?

·
Registered
96 Posts
i just went with 216 and 27x11-14 and 27x9 black waters i dont think there is more than a pound or 2 diffrence as far as stock to the 216 and blackwaters im 46 lbs diffrence and you will be close to that with 212s and big horns yes i would get a clutch kit but they still rip with out one

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just went with 216 and 27x11-14 and 27x9 black waters i dont think there is more than a pound or 2 diffrence as far as stock to the 216 and blackwaters im 46 lbs diffrence and you will be close to that with 212s and big horns yes i would get a clutch kit but they still rip with out one
whats the offset on your 216's... and how much wider did it make your front and rear ?

the ss212 is 14x6 front 4.0 +2 and 14x8 rear 5.0 +3
i trying to find out how roughly much these will stick out further in front and back

am also considering the polaris sixr which is 14x7 front and rear 4.0 +3

so would these stick out more or less than the ss212?

thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you go with either of those wheels, all im gonna say is hope you like to get muddy. Heres a front view of my old XP with the SS212s and BH 2.0s.

·
Registered
96 Posts
212 and 216 are the same rim spec wise just diffrent style they do stick out a bit its not a problem for me im not a muder i ride back country and big mountains yes i have to cross mud holes creeks some rivers i dont have a problem with the wide tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go with either of those wheels, all im gonna say is hope you like to get muddy. Heres a front view of my old XP with the SS212s and BH 2.0s.

what was the width of the atv in front and back with that set up? other than it flinging mud how did you like that set up?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I went back to my stock rims because of the offset on my aftermarket rims, It also affected my EPS, it would not work while stopped with the offset aftermarket rims (did work while moving), and now on the stock rims it works way better, probably just due to the torque of the wheels sitting out wider. (mine was at 54" wide in the rear)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went back to my stock rims because of the offset on my aftermarket rims, It also affected my EPS, it would not work while stopped with the offset aftermarket rims (did work while moving), and now on the stock rims it works way better, probably just due to the torque of the wheels sitting out wider. (mine was at 54" wide in the rear)
which rims did you have on? im now leaning towards the sti HD3 as comments I've seen in the forum is that they seem to stick out less than the ITP ss212's....
I've got bad eyesight and colorblind and maybe its the angle of some of the pictures I've seen but in many pictures it looks like the width of the front outside tire edge to outside tire edge is wider than the rears.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I had ITP C7 rims. Bobx knows which rims to get for the XP's that do not stick out very far..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts
No need for a clutch kit with 26" Bighorns and aftermarket wheels. My 26.5" Rockers are quite a bit heavier that my Bighorns and I do not have a clutch kit, and do not need one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts