Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here and hating my xp. I tried changing the battery out amd greased all my plugs but when I'm riding after about 2 hours the bike will flash low volt and count down the voltage starting at 10.9 and kill the bike anyone have any ideas I'm really wanting to enjoy this bike but isn't going that way right now.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
charging system

New member here and hating my xp. I tried changing the battery out amd greased all my plugs but when I'm riding after about 2 hours the bike will flash low volt and count down the voltage starting at 10.9 and kill the bike anyone have any ideas I'm really wanting to enjoy this bike but isn't going that way right now.
try this link it sounds like what my bike was doing http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-xp/41442-how-test-your-charging-system.html

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You have a charging system issue.......

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I went to test the silver regulatpr on the front and ots like a gel filled unit how can I test this for 14 volt? Any ideas

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Started the battery do you have 14 volts at the battery if not Then work your way from the battery back to the voltage regulator from the voltage regulator down to the stator or start at the stator and work your way to the battery.
What voltage do you have at the battery With the lights off Then what voltage do you have at the battery with the lights on

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Well anyone have a regulator or know where I can get one fOr a decent price

I found an aftermarket one carries a one year warranty for like $99 when I get time I will find it posted Other than that cheap cycle or part zila you get the Polaris regulator but cheaper price

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts