Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We arrived a couple hours ago. Parked the trailer, unloaded the machines and then the GMC.

We just drove another thirty miles to a seafood Resturant and we are enjoying a couple Sam Addams. I have no service at cabin. We will see about trails.

Pics ad video to come!!

CW

·
Registered
19 Posts
Grew up in Maine and used to work as a river guide for a rafting company just north of there in The Forks. Beautiful country up there! Should be nice riding during the leaf peeper season.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did 85 miles today. Took the first couple hours easy. My brother in law was getting the feel for quads.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN MY MACHINE!!! The airbox and exhaust mods made HUGE differences!

The trails are wide and smooth, some small connecting trails are what you expect. But most are beautifully groomed. We where safely able to travel at speeds to 35-40 mph. Only draw back to perfect weather is....DUST!! OMG its AWFUL! I lost a camera today to it... lens wont function.

Here is my pop and my Brother-in-Law. Its his first time on a ATV.

Here is all of us:

BEAUTIFUL DAY!! Started out low 40's and by 3 it was 75. Sunny all day.

Alot of 50' gates on these trails...

Lots of scenic shots too..

We also found a very old cemetery. Most of the graves are from the Civil war time. We saw one from 1812.

Got alot of videos too, but dont have the band width to upload them so when I get home... AND get the puter fixed I will upload. I am on my old laptop and do not want to jinx it... But I'm suprized its working as well as it is... :biglaugh:

CW

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Very pretty country..definitely a state I want to visit.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Those are great pics, thanks for sharing the trip.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Gotta love the groomed Maine trails. Some great shots too, thanks for sharing.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Videos!

I monopolized my buddies puter overnight and was able to upload about twenty videos to my uTube account overnight!

Sorry no direct links, but search cwlongshot or click the link in my sig!

We are off now riding again. Today we are going to Greenfield about 75 miles NW of here.

CW

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well we made it! WITH CELL SERVICE! We are sitting here in Greenfield on Moose head Lake at Kelly's landing.

Right on the lake. Very nice!

CW

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some video links

cw

·
Registered
64 Posts
...The trails are wide and smooth, some small connecting trails are what you expect. But most are beautifully groomed. We where safely able to travel at speeds to 35-40 mph. Only draw back to perfect weather is....DUST!! OMG its AWFUL! I lost a camera today to it... lens wont function...
Glad you enjoyed our trails.

Most of us belong to an ATV club or two and spend a good amount of time maintaining trails, building bridges, and posting signage.

While some complain about the registration fees, most of that money goes back to the clubs for trail maintenance.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...The trails are wide and smooth, some small connecting trails are what you expect. But most are beautifully groomed. We where safely able to travel at speeds to 35-40 mph. Only draw back to perfect weather is....DUST!! OMG its AWFUL! I lost a camera today to it... lens wont function...
Glad you enjoyed our trails.

Most of us belong to an ATV club or two and spend a good amount of time maintaining trails, building bridges, and posting signage.

While some complain about the registion fees, most of that money goes back to the clubs for trail maintenance.
Thank you for the fine wok to the tails!! You guys do fine work and while be proud !

NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT COSTS AT ALL! I know that a good portion goes I t trick maintaince! I helped a little too! A couple signs fell over and we propped them backup! We met a number of club members at breakfast a few days in arow and shopping n. Jimmies market.

We will definitely be back !

CW

·
Registered
19 Posts
Makes me homesick following your thread! Haven't been home since my Army days. Looks like you had a blast

1 - 16 of 16 Posts