Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a week in the Black Hills of South Dakota. There is no shortage of trails up there. However, the majority of them offer up no challenges and are fairly smooth. A big change from what I'm used to riding, but I did find one that was an absolute blast to ride. The Centennial Trail. Tight weaving between trees with tight switchbacks and steep, rough climbs. With the General being at the maximum allowed width for that trail (62"), it made it just that much more challenging and fun.

Attachments

Reactions: Ransom Proctor

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

Reactions: Ransom Proctor

·
Registered
765 Posts
Where did you stay while you were out there? It looks beautiful, but I've heard its a lot of road riding. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Where did you stay while you were out there? It looks beautiful, but I've heard its a lot of road riding. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Not sure how I missed your question. Sorry 'bout that.
We stayed at the Fish n Fry campground on 385, about 5 miles out of Deadwood. We did find a couple of fun trails to ride, but yes, a lot of road riding getting to and from trails, and to me, a lot of the trails were like riding on a road. That being said, even though we didn't find/ride many what you and I would consider trails, I would go back again sometime. Pretty country and kind of nice not bouncing over rocks all the time. :wink
Here is a link to my album with all the Black Hills photos my wife and I took. Click on the pictures to enlarge them.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3DBM3HjjsLPoaJXg8

Reactions: timmyjane

·
Registered
765 Posts
Glad you guys had a good time. Was it very busy there? Thanks for posting the album, I liked all of the photos!

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you guys had a good time. Was it very busy there? Thanks for posting the album, I liked all of the photos!
We saw way more utv's riding up and down the highway than we saw on the trails. Don't know where they were going all the time??? Parking in Deadwood was a little tough to come by, but I suppose that is probably normal for that area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts