Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set of black diamond XTR'S. $447.95 to my door from rockymountainatvmc.com with free 3 day shipping. They should be here Friday and I'll get some pics up. Hopping to get wheelers out Saturday so I'll let you know how they work. Assuming I can fix the girlfriend's Hondas wheel bearing fixed that night too. Gonna be a busy Valentine's Day. Wheel bearing, tires and gonna buy her a new ruger lcr.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Man wish I could enjoy Valentines Day like that. Good choice on the tires and great choice on the Ruger LCR. I have one in .357 magnum and love it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
you won't be disappointed by the tires. Love my ATR's

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really looking forward to them. I have been debating on tires for about 3 months probably. Can't wait to try out her lcr. Of course I don't think it could replace my glock 22 lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those tires are awesome and handle every type of terrain. I've been running them on my 850 for little over a year now and the show very little wear.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I was wondering do the tires need to be balanced? I've heard different points of view on this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
by the time you're at a speed that you could notice an out of balance tire you're going to be bouncing around from the trail anyway. I used to work at a tire shop and I wouldn't balance ATV tires unless their primary use was for riding on the road and you're using street tires on it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I wanted to hear thanks! Out of curiosity at what speed would you have to get to to notice out of balance? And what would the effects be?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
25mph+ it would just make the tire hop as it's turning. Basically. The heavy side is trying to get thrown away from the center of rotation with more force than the rest of the tire. So as the heavy part of the tire comes to the top of the rotation it adds more force to the suspension so you'd feel a hop.

with the size and weights of the tires we're talking about that's not much force. as usually it only takes an ounce or two to balance even a full sized truck tire. by the time you're hitting those speeds on a trail you're already feeling the bumps from the trail/dirt road anyway.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Was thinking about getting the black diamond xtr's on my wife's scrambler 850... still thinking about it decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well still waiting on the ups truck. Hopefully it'll show up tonight and I can get them mounted first thing tomorrow. After I get a ride with em I'll let you know how they handle

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got them mounted on Saturday and finally got to use them today. What a difference from stock! At first I thought they were so heavy the 550 was having a hard time spinning them then I realized this is the first time that I've had traction! Handled some pretty goopy mud well. They're not a mud tire but they clean out well and don't become round slicks like the stocks. Definitely pleased with them. I noticed it looked like I lost maybe 5 mph off the top end but don't ever go that fast anyway so it doesn't matter. Highly recommend the black diamond's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thinking about putting these on a scrambler 850 xp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great post, exactly what I came to the site searching for! I was about to order a set for my 850 XP and was a bit concerned about the 11" width on the rear rubbing the sway bar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set of black diamond XTR'S. $447.95 to my door from rockymountainatvmc.com with free 3 day shipping. They should be here Friday and I'll get some pics up. Hopping to get wheelers out Saturday so I'll let you know how they work. Assuming I can fix the girlfriend's Hondas wheel bearing fixed that night too. Gonna be a busy Valentine's Day. Wheel bearing, tires and gonna buy her a new ruger lcr.

I noticed you mentioned $447.95 for a set. Is that for a pair?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts