Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some difficulties bleeding my brakes. I need your help.
I just got done changing all the pads & am trying to put this thing back together. I did have to remove the entire back brake cylinder to remove the pads, thus I lost pressure in my system.

This first video shows during pumping of the brakes, the resevoir will bubble up every time I pull the brake handle back. Is this normal? Am I leaking somewhere drawing air backwards???

From this second video, you can see my bleeder valve & how little amount comes out. I'm just having problems getting this thing to pressurize. I beleive I'm bleeding them the correct way, they just won't hold pressure. Please help!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If you are bleeding the brakes with the cover off the master, it may not let the system pressurize. Looks like the brake fluid is old and needs changed. Just my $.02 Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did mine last week
Looked in manual and it said to squeeze (bubbles will rise)
I then waited a couple minutes and repeated
did this until brake oiil with no bubble came out in the master cylinder
adjusted the screw on the caliper and everything works jusrt fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got lucky!! I tried this also, but it didn't work. I had LOTS of air in the cylinder.

I had to have a local shop use a mighty-vac to bleed them. I tried for 2 hours straight, but still dead. They did them in 15 minutes!! Only charged me $30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts