Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site lots of good info. Im new to atvs.
Bought a 2013 850 xp ho in april. Had a blast all
Summer. Now the temps here in mb have
Dropped i need a block heater. Any advice
As to where or what i can do. No shed or
Garage. I thought my starter went yesterday.
It was just too cold. I put my ice shack
Over it cranked the heater charged battery.
And broom. This morn tryed her again click click
Freekin click. I know oil must be thick need to instal
Something. Please help.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Probably your battery more than anything. Mine has started the last 3 weeks in -20F temps just fine. Keep a battery tender on it. If you look around there are some inline heaters you can put in the radiator hose, but I don't think it's worth the investment on one.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Engine warmers used to be advertised on pure polaris parts web site iirc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Believe it or not - I have had more luck with a tarp or blanket and an old (i.e. $1 from a garage sale) hot air popcorn popper than I have had with trying to find in-line or block heaters. 20 or 30 minutes of hot air blowing at the engine (pull a side cover if needed) and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I believe you have moisture in your starter same thing happened to me after I swamped my bike in summer starter eventually failed

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Can you run an electrical extension cord to the shack? A guy I know has his quad under a tarp next to his house. In cold weather his warmer is a trouble light under the engine in front between the frame and engine block. He has an outside electrical outlet near the quad. One plug is for the battery tender and the other for the light. The light is on a timer so it's not running 24 hours a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts