Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I tell them I have a 850XP 2010, since the last bike ride turned into a problem.
When I start to move the bike in H (4X4 or 4X2), you may feel a strong blow to the back, possibly in the clutches or any part of that area, disarmament both clutches and was not anything out of the ordinary, the springs are in position, the belt is not damaged and visual parts work ok, but the blow still exists and I have the fear of damaging something if I use it more so.
Someone knows that could be causing this problem or someone experienced something similar ..?

thanks for the comments
Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do u mean blow to the back? Like air? Or a hit on something?

2013 850ho

Hi, this is a blow as transmission or mechanical parts and only occurs when the bike starts to move, then disappears, is similar to the feeling of being locked at 100%

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it could be secondary clutch problem as it is activated when you start to move the bike, at first glance it looks all in good condition ...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
still don't know what you mean by a blow to the back

a clunk
a jerk
a big hesitation
a squealing
explain more so maybe someone can help

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I believe that he is referring to the big jerk that you feel on the xp models when you first put it in gear and take off from a stop. Once in gear obviously it does not do it anymore, but when you select another gear it will. Basically it is normal. This is mostly recognizable when shifting into reverse and then applying the throttle.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Can you push the ATV in neutral, or jack up so tires are off the ground and try to rotate the tires to check for binding? If it's not running and in neutral and it still has an issue then it not the clutches, probably CV, prop shaft, something like that.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I believe that he is referring to the big jerk that you feel on the xp models when you first put it in gear and take off from a stop. Once in gear obviously it does not do it anymore, but when you select another gear it will. Basically it is normal. This is mostly recognizable when shifting into reverse and then applying the throttle.
That is what I am thinking,.......either that, or he needs to boot the wife off the Polaris!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The problem is very similar to that discussed Rooskey, after the last ride on the bike, this "big jerk" became much stronger .., thinking even to break something.

Already ujoint and cv review and are in very good condition, no signs or marks of wear or damage on them ...

I am considering purchasing the upgrade kit for EPI clutches ..

Thks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
A clutch kit will help with the hard engagement, but the jerk will be there when going from forward to reverse and back again. It takes some time to get used to making it shift the clutches before getting on the throttle to make it move. I can get you aqsc clutch kit if you're interested in that over an epi. $219 and o would have to figure out shipping cost.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

The problem is very similar to that discussed Rooskey, after the last ride on the bike, this "big jerk" became much stronger .., thinking even to break something.

Already ujoint and cv review and are in very good condition, no signs or marks of wear or damage on them ...

I am considering purchasing the upgrade kit for EPI clutches ..

Thks
My 2010 model was doing the same thing. I bought it used and it got worse. I replaced the drive belt and it made a world of difference. Before you invest in a clutch kit try just changing the belt.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you are wanting to lower the RPM that the primary clutch engages at, you can also try replacing the primary clutch spring. There are a few threads on here about that. It did it to my old '09 550 and it dropped the engagement by about 200 RPM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts