Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to this sight and hoping to find some help... I have a 09 sportsman 850 XP with 135hrs and 750 miles on it.... Was helping a buddy pull a car into his garage and took off to head home and the motor blew, looking thru everything and could not figure out why this happened until I smelled my fuel...paint thinner.....yes someone must be pissed at me I know....just wondering if you guys know of any salvage yards I can search for a new motor.....thanks

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
hey guys im new to this sight and hoping to find some help... I have a 09 sportsman 850 XP with 135hrs and 750 miles on it.... Was helping a buddy pull a car into his garage and took off to head home and the motor blew, looking thru everything and could not figure out why this happened until I smelled my fuel...paint thinner.....yes someone must be pissed at me I know....just wondering if you guys know of any salvage yards I can search for a new motor.....thanks
WELCOME!!

Oh man that SUX!!! I dont suppose you have insurance?

First that comes to mind is some of the guys who advertise in the back of dirt wheels mag... maybe Ebay?

Good luck, sorry to read of the headache...

CW

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry to hear of the problem and I can't give any advice of where to find a running motor.

That aside, would you be interested in selling your motor as is? I build motors often and would like to take a crack at a high power 850 build. :cowboy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear of the problem and I can't give any advice of where to find a running motor.

That aside, would you be interested in selling your motor as is? I build motors often and would like to take a crack at a high power 850 build. :cowboy:
I have the motor in pieces so itll make it easier on you if you want to buy it...the rear piston is the one that gernaded and the wrist pin gouged the wall a little...if you want to see pics ill have to figure out how to do it on here... new to these forums and will take a lil time getting used to it lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts