Polaris ATV Forum banner

Blown fuse?

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jgcoastie 
#1 · (Edited)
I was pushing snow with my 2008 twin 700 EFI Sportsman X2. I hit a curb gently, and my thumb engaged the kill switch. I disengaged the kill switch and tried to restart the machine. There is power to the instrument cluster, head and tail lights, winch; everything but the starter. :shocked1:

I checked the fuses I could find and found not one bad. Is there a hidden fuse or a connection that is known to come loose? the battery terminals have been disconnected, cleaned, and reconnected with no change. Of course the results re the same in both park and neutral.

#5 ·
haha...I certainly understand the 20 degrees! My wheeler is in an unheated garage too. My wife and I spend this time of year going to work and filling the woodstove! :biglaugh: There is a voltage regulator. I am curious as to why they feel "hitting the curb gently" would cause an issue with that?

#6 ·
Mine's under an open carport. I described bumping the curb simply because it happened; there was a slight jolt and I don't know if it did anything. If I didn't mention it someone would blame me for concealing the truth.

I don't know about this forum. Not too many helpful people around here.

#7 ·
I dont have a 700 but try wiggling around the kill switch. There is another thread on here about a similar situation. ill try to find it for you.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Guys will chime in and help you out. The guys that have knowledge of your situation are prob offline.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Probably should have posted in the Repair and Maintenance section...

The specs section (which is where you posted this) is more for finding part numbers and dimensions of things and such... Not really for repairs. That's why there's a repairs section. Also, the General Discussion section is often used to discuss problems of varying nature.

There's also a Model-Specific Discussion area where you can talk about things that are specific to your Sportsman, Sportsman XP, Magnum, Scrambler, etc etc...

Not many people come to the "specs" section very often... I'm sorry you didn't get a quick response to your question. Using a more appropriate section will get you answers much quicker in the future. I've found this to be a very helpful forum, with a plethora of valuable knowledge of these machines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.