Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2019 Sportsman 850 SP Premium used, through an auction. As far as I know, the digital display is original to the machine and I know it does NOT have Bluetooth connectivity (the pairing option does nit appear in the menu). It's not a big deal... so my question is more out of curiosity than solution.

Is there a specific model or models they limited the Bluetooth capable displays to? I though being the premium, and with having the options it came with, Bluetooth would have been one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
1,333 Posts
I bought my 2019 Sportsman 850 SP Premium used, through an auction. As far as I know, the digital display is original to the machine and I know it does NOT have Bluetooth connectivity (the pairing option does nit appear in the menu). It's not a big deal... so my question is more out of curiosity than solution.

Is there a specific model or models they limited the Bluetooth capable displays to? I though being the premium, and with having the options it came with, Bluetooth would have been one of them.

Wish I could tell you, my ‘19 850 SP doesn’t have it either, don’t know why. But I’m not complaining, as my bike has had Zero problems other than saggy front springs.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,304 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could tell you, my ‘19 850 SP doesn’t have it either, don’t know why. But I’m not complaining, as my bike has had Zero problems other than saggy front springs.
I'm not complaining either. It's pure curiosity on my part. Though my interest is brewing on replacing the stock display with one of the interactive displays with mapping.

I had a few problems I discovered after the purchase and I did have to do a minor rebuild part of the machine, which included installing a new bulkhead and steering column and replacing various missing nuts, bolts and assorted screws.

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
814 Posts
What is the purpose of connecting Bluetooth? Do they have built in speakers?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 850 Premium
171 Posts
My 2021 850 premium does not have Bluetooth either. I certainly don't need it, but I kind of wish it had it.

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
814 Posts
I didn’t know I needed it but now it’s all I can think about :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
171 Posts
If a guy was to get a new gauge/display with bluetooth, would the new gauge read zero hours and zero miles?

I thought I read somewhere that only one of them (hours or miles) was stored in the display, and the other somewhere else. Maybe engine hours are in the ECU and miles are in the display, for example?

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Yes, miles are stored in the display and engine hours are stored on the ECM.

A new display will show zero miles and current ecm hours

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yes, miles are stored in the display and engine hours are stored on the ECM.

A new display will show zero miles and current ecm hours
I’m going to stick with.....Ride On, phone off....I stop often enough to check my phone anyway......and my pockets aren’t deep enough for a new bootooth enabled display.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’m going to stick with.....Ride On, phone off....I stop often enough to check my phone anyway......and my pockets aren’t deep enough for a new bootooth enabled display.
I think I'm right there with you, although I've certainly spent a lot more on things I don't "need" in the past.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think I'm right there with you, although I've certainly spent a lot more on things I don't "need" in the past.
Yeh....me to.....you know one of us is going to have to look up the price of a new display.......either for shock therapy or shits n giggles.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
I'm asking why does mine have it and yours don't???

pod3.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Are you guys sure your accessing the right menu option????
Doh.gif

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you guys sure your accessing the right menu option???? View attachment 149618
I'm 1000 miles away from mine right now... but, when I accessed the options menu, no where did I see a pair BT option. I did see the options for color, brightness, Celsius/Fahrenheit, service interval time, etc, but nothing for Bluetooth.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm positive I'm looking at the right place in the menu, as there's pretty much only one place to look. Also, when turning the key on, it's not in the upper left corner for a split second when everything else is on at the same time during boot up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts