Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wonder if all the digital displays have the chip installed, but not all are turned on? I'm curious if something like Digital Wrench could activate the hardware/software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 850 Premium
171 Posts
I wonder if all the digital displays have the chip installed, but not all are turned on? I'm curious if something like Digital Wrench could activate the hardware/software?

The bluetooth display has a different part number.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The bluetooth display has a different part number.
Ok, fair-enough, but that then kind of begs the question... why would one 2019 sportsman 850 SP Premium have the option, and another of the same year/model/trim not??

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,289 Posts
It's in the service manual I will find it and publish it

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
1,327 Posts
It's in the service manual I will find it and publish it
Thanks, maybe helpful for others, my 850 doesn’t have it, I’m certain, looked it up long ago to make sure I wasn’t missing the menu option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks, maybe helpful for others, my 850 doesn’t have it, I’m certain, looked it up long ago to make sure I wasn’t missing the menu option.
Same here.

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 850 Premium
171 Posts
See how it’s not in the upper left at start-up? I don’t have it. That’s the easiest way to find out. I have the owner’s manual as well as the service manual, so I know how to find it if I had it.

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Yep, can't fix tupid either!
Head Scratch.gif

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Not even with Gorrila Tape!

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
P.S Can't say. Zipped Lip.

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Gorilla Glue works well in your hair.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My 2020 850 premium trail has BT.
Haven't bothered to set it up.
I turn my active phone off and put it in waterproof case, in the front storage box.

I have an old phone with no service plan I use for GPS mapping. That way, if it gets kocked off while crossing a river or something, I'm not screwed.

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
I wish someone from Polaris could explain why some 850's have BT and some don't. Don't seem to be any rime, reason, or pattern. Is it what they had available as the ATV came down the assembley line? Did someone just grab out of the wrong pile? Did they program them wrong?

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
1,327 Posts
I wish someone from Polaris could explain why some 850's have BT and some don't. Don't seem to be any rime, reason, or pattern. Is it what they had available as the ATV came down the assembley line? Did someone just grab out of the wrong pile?
Agreed,...I don’t see any reason or pattern...of who got what and when.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I wish someone from Polaris could explain why some 850's have BT and some don't. Don't seem to be any rime, reason, or pattern. Is it what they had available as the ATV came down the assembley line? Did someone just grab out of the wrong pile?
This! You'd think on the upper trim levels it would be included.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had anyone thought of swapping out the original display for the LCD upgrade that seems to indicate will plug right in? It’s an expensive upgrade, but looks like it would be pretty slick.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had anyone thought of swapping out the original display for the LCD upgrade that seems to indicate will plug right in? It’s an expensive upgrade, but looks like it would be pretty slick.
Lol I was thinking the same thing but the Bluetooth only displays messages correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 45 Posts