Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that somewhere in this forum is the answer to my question but anyway - What do you people use to polish the plastic, etc on your rides? Whats good and whats not - thanks :wavey:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cute - Sorry to have bothered everyone

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I know that somewhere in this forum is the answer to my question but anyway - What do you people use to polish the plastic, etc on your rides? Whats good and whats not - thanks :wavey:
As in non painted body panels to plastic trim pieces.
If painted, I use car wax. My last Polaris was red plastic, non painted body panels. Lemon Pledge worked great. Plastic trim panels,.....ArmorAll or any other treatment works well.

That was a hell of a lot easier than tying in all that Google garbage!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Honda Polish or Pledge works well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My manual advises using home furniture polish and advises against auto products as a general advisory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ive been using this stuff for a couple years, safe on plastic and painted surfaces and also beads up water and repels mud. I love it and makes easier cleaning for the next go round. Worth a try, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ htat SC1 and SC2 stuff is made for off road plastics, it should be just fine. i have thought about trying that stuff this year.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There some real dicks and douches on this forum.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'm sorry if my google search joke was misinterpreted by you all. I've been helping people here for over 3 years as well as donating my $20 a year to support this forum and keep it going.

That being said, it's nice to be able to use a site specific google search to return over 40 threads and over 250 replies about such a topic.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
There some real dicks and douches on this forum.

Like guys who've been members for a month and pass judgements about and insult people who helped them just a week ago?

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sorry didnt know it was joke...then I retract my statement:fest06:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
By the way got some SC1 and it works great!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, I mean the SC1 has been used in the motorcross industry for awhile now. My uncle turned me on to it and he said just wash your quad and then dry it off then put the SC1 to it and you'll be amazed at what it does and have been using it ever since. Im pretty sure there are similar products like it as well.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Just a side note when using these products to clean the plastics...... remove the seat before you start spraying and wiping it down.

Made that mistake on my first motorcycle...... all I did was slide back and forth at stop and accelleration! :D Never done it with the seat on since..... Live & Learn!!!

I'll have to find me a can of the Maxxima SC1 and give it a try as my Honda Polish is out..... guessing they work nearly the same! I'd always get a free can at my local dealers open house every spring. Just never used it on the bike, but found it worked awesome on the wheeler plastics!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just a side note when using these products to clean the plastics...... remove the seat before you start spraying and wiping it down.

Made that mistake on my first motorcycle...... all I did was slide back and forth at stop and accelleration! :D Never done it with the seat on since..... Live & Learn!!!

I'll have to find me a can of the Maxxima SC1 and give it a try as my Honda Polish is out..... guessing they work nearly the same! I'd always get a free can at my local dealers open house every spring. Just never used it on the bike, but found it worked awesome on the wheeler plastics!
I am also curious if they deliver the same results...I have been using the Honda stuff for years...If the SC1 is better, I will make the switch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts