Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Polaris 450 ho. It idles fine and starts fine. But when I press the throttle the engine light comes on in the engine bogs down. I do use seafoam in my gas no more than 3 ounces at a time I change my oil often air filters clean. Any suggestions or ideas thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
When you open the throttle you giving it air - the fuel system is responsible for adding the proper amount of fuel to the air to support combustion - if it's bogging, it's because it's not getting fuel - check the fuel pressure, the fuel pump is probably bad - happens frequently in vehicles running alcohol blended fuel and especially in vehicles where the fuel is run low in the tank - the fuel pump is cooled by the fuel and if the fuel falls below the pump, it will overheat and burn up

·
Registered
168 Posts
Seems that Polaris has an issue with their OEM fuel pumps. Not sure why it's not getting addressed. Starting to see A LOT of complaints about this issue.

To the OP: Quantum fuel systems....

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
I just had to replace the fuel pump in my Merc Grand Marquis @ 40,000 miles - got 200,000 on the F150 with no issue, but I use non-ethanol fuel in the truck and it is driven every day - the wife doesn't pay attention to what she puts into the Merc and it takes her two months to use a tank of fuel - I've tried to get her to put non-ethanol in when she get's gas, but she says it's a pain to find it and she just wants gas - in addition, I've tried to get her to just put in 5 gallons at a time - she only uses it to go to the bank, grocery store and her brother's place (all within about 10 blocks of our house) - since I gave her a BP card and I'm paying for the gas, she always fills up so she doesn't have to stop so often, bur I guess a $120 fuel pump and $350 installation is not bad - the car is 15 years old and nothing runs for free - it needs maintenance every so often :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts