Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

After allowing Microsoft full access to my computer to perform a "Full service scan" and running Computer Associates Virus Scan I am 100% assured that my computer is no infected with any known virus.

This leaves only one possible option, the e-mail I and other members of this forum have recieved is in fact a trojan virus or a phishing scam.

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY ATTACHMENTS IN E_MAILS SENT FROM THIS FORUM OR ANY OTHER SOURCE. If warned about virus infection take appropriate cautions and scan your PC for virus and spyware infections. If you do not own virus and spyware software go to "Microsoft.com" / navigate to "Security and Updates" / Select "Security Home" / Under "Products & Scans" / select "PC Safety Scan" / from here perform a "Full Service Scan". Be sure to select the scan for your operating system, this is a free service from Microsoft and is maintained daily so all known virus and spyware infections are caught and fixed.

Below is a cut and paste of the bogus e-mail myself and other members have recieved. Please do not assume e-mails from the forum contain safe attachments. If Curtis Collins is an actual manager of this forum he ought to understand that there are people out there that high-jack e-mail addresses and forum names; this does not necessarily mean that any such viruses or spyware originate from the PC that owns that e-mail address or forum name.

Again, I am 100% certain that my PC is not infected with any known virus or spyware.

Yours truly,
2000 Xpedition 425

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear 2000 Xpedition 425,

You have received a new private message at Polaris ATV Forum from Kurtymann, entitled "Warning!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear, higby;Chopper1219;Eric Roberson;Hoosier Polaris Rider;2000 Xpedition 425!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.virus-total.in/detected/higby;Chopper1219;Eric Roberson;Hoosier Polaris Rider;2000 Xpedition 425 This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Curtis Collins.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/private.php

All the best,
Polaris ATV Forum

·
Registered
176 Posts
I mostly use my cell phone for this forum. in fact im on my cell right now. Is there anyway i can get a virus on my phone? I dout it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
No to cell virus, and I banned the above "guy" already!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
bruce the bannisher !!!! :AR15firing: :kater:

·
Registered
18 Posts
That doesn't really look real at all. The only way someone is gonna know if you have a virus on you CPU is if you allow them access to view your information. This isn't really suggested through the internet. Either way, I have gotten this email like 4 times, and ran my antivirus scan and found out that there was a trojan virus on my CPU from some other random site. O well, hopefully the emails will stop, so that we can all get back to our respected lives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just go another random email from some new member, which I'm pretty positive is probably the same person, that's just creating different profiles. His profile name is JORDONIUSS

·
Registered
370 Posts
i got one from jordoniuss too bannish him

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
He's banned!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts