Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new and not quite sure how to translate this but i give it a shot.

Sportsman 800 EFI '10 was delivered with snowchains to me. I got them off since there was no snow yet. Then i noticed only the front wheels have distance bolts on the axel before the wheel.

These four bolts i hear are required if driving with snowchains. Depending on snowlevels i might need snowchains. However do these like 2 inch i guess bolts affect my ATV in a negativ way?

With negativ i mean another aquintance said immidiatly to take them of cause on heavy terrrain the bolts might break, tear and rip apart the axel they are on.

So its not a big spacer "block / circular" thing, its just four bolts before the mounting point of the wheels. Can make pictures if required. :)

Kind regards,

Johnny:marchmellow:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have ran them before on the rear of a machine without any negative affects. I would pull them off and apply medium strength locktite to them. Depending on how much snow you plan on going through sometimes chains will slow you down.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I personally do not like that type of spacer. Those spacers that screw on to the lugs individually basically just make the lug longer, which puts the applied force or stress further out and puts them at a greater risk of breaking. A full spacer changes the location of the lugs, and distributes the force better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts