Polaris ATV Forum banner

Boss atv speaker

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Renegade2k 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Being an audio guy I would steer you away from anything Boss except for their very top of the line stuff. The lower end items are super cheap built and amplifier is going to be very inefficient. I would look at one of the Phone specific type of small speaker systems that is waterproof has built in batt, and 12V power. I would be scared to run anything that pulls any amount of current off your batter if you are not running.

But it all depends on what you want to spend. I have installed ARC Audio amps with various marine ski boat style speakers on ATV racks. The ARC amps are super small, very efficient; although not the cheapest. And I still wouldn't run system while not running the motor. Unless you have a back up pull start.

I think these are better option
Bazooka MT-6502 Tubbies (Pair) (Camo) 6-1/2" wakeboard tower speakers at Crutchfield.com

And this is just awesome
Wet Sounds Stealth 6 Ultra Amplified speaker bar with built-in Bluetooth® at Crutchfield.com

This would be perfection
JL Audio MX770-ETXv3-SG-TB (Black) 7.7" wakeboard tower speakers with titanium "Sport Grilles" at Crutchfield.com

And the AMP to run any of them.
KS 125.2 BX Mini | Arc Audio

#3 ·
I have similar but the 8in variant in black with bluetooth. Love mine. Still work after being buried in mud and dust. Not the loudest but still audible while driving my scrambler 1k. For the price you can't go wrong with boss. Again if you want longevity spend more money on a highet end system but for bang for buck I would go for it.

#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I have Boss ATV-85B Boom Tube with the Remote and Bluetooth on my machine. Its plenty loud enough to hear when riding, however I prefer to use it when parked, taking a break, or around a fire pit with friends. The remote also controls the Phone audio and Music Player, so I can keep it safely in my pocket. In the picture, you can see that the Tube mounts securely to the Rear Cargo Rack, and the wiring is long enough to reach the front, where I mounted the Remote on top of the Pod.

#7 ·
Boss has been bottom barrel since the early 90s when boomin systems started to be the rage...but i bought their 6" boom tube and love it. Plenty loud to hear riding with a helmet, and easily moved...most of the time it lives in my weight room, it will easily transplant into the fishing boat, atv..etc..like it for the money

#9 ·
I agree with IHI.. I totally forgot about portability, and the ability to move this from the quad, to the boat, to a campsite, etc. Yeah, Boss isnt the best, but for what it is, its a good price and totally usable. Have fun with it, you'll enjoy it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.