Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2010 polaris sportsman 550 xp touring with eps and a 3000 pound winch with the blue rope instead of wire cable. 1300 miles in really good shape. 5,800 out the door?? There aren't a lot of 550 touring models for sale to be able to compare prices so I wasn't sure. Thanks

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Any warranty??

Seems ok but prices vary greatly depending on where you live.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If your happy with the bike and you think you got a fair price, thats all that matters!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just bought my 850 touring a few weeks back. Plan on getting a 550 Touring for our second one for the wife. There just aren't that many used xp tourings for sale at any given time in any given market. It took me months of waiting and watching. In my region, I'd say that was a pretty fair price. I paid 6,700 for mine with 300 miles which is a good bit below what you generally see around here. The edges of my fenders are scratched so not pristine like yours sounds. I figured it wouldn't be long until do the same so it didn't bother me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bought my 850 touring a few weeks back. Plan on getting a 550 Touring for our second one for the wife. There just aren't that many used xp tourings for sale at any given time in any given market. It took me months of waiting and watching. In my region, I'd say that was a pretty fair price. I paid 6,700 for mine with 300 miles which is a good bit below what you generally see around here. The edges of my fenders are scratched so not pristine like yours sounds. I figured it wouldn't be long until do the same so it didn't bother me.
Hey how do you like the 850. In my research it looked like that was the better deal. A little more money but nearly double the power. I wanted it but planned on letting my kids ride and was afraid that would be way too much power.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey how do you like the 850. In my research it looked like that was the better deal. A little more money but nearly double the power. I wanted it but planned on letting my kids ride and was afraid that would be way too much power.
Excellent question...I will let you know after I drive it. It's snowmobile season here and I've put a whole mile on it around the block so for. The roads are covered in solid ice and so can't do anything but spin the tires. I wished it had the key limiter system like the Ranger and Can Am does that limits the speed depending on which key is in. That's the reason I'm seeking a 550 as well.
This 850 is my very first ever wheeler but have had sleds for years. When driving my wife's 2-up sled which is a high hp 2-stroke which weighs only 450lbs, you can really tell when there are 2 adults on it. I figured I'd avoid that and go right to the 850. She and I are both trim and athletic so it's not like we weigh a lot yet here sled still loses a good bit of it's one up power as went my logic when buying the wheeler. I expect the 850 will have been a good selection when spring comes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent question...I will let you know after I drive it. It's snowmobile season here and I've put a whole mile on it around the block so for. The roads are covered in solid ice and so can't do anything but spin the tires. I wished it had the key limiter system like the Ranger and Can Am does that limits the speed depending on which key is in. That's the reason I'm seeking a 550 as well.
This 850 is my very first ever wheeler but have had sleds for years. When driving my wife's 2-up sled which is a high hp 2-stroke which weighs only 450lbs, you can really tell when there are 2 adults on it. I figured I'd avoid that and go right to the 850. She and I are both trim and athletic so it's not like we weigh a lot yet here sled still loses a good bit of it's one up power as went my logic when buying the wheeler. I expect the 850 will have been a good selection when spring comes.
Yeah I wish I got the 850 but maybe when I get one for ME I will. The 550 isn't a dog by any means but it definitely doesn't whip you back or anything. That's a great point too. Having a reduced HP key would be nice. Look forward to hearing your impressions. Thanks Ben.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah I wish I got the 850 but maybe when I get one for ME I will. The 550 isn't a dog by any means but it definitely doesn't whip you back or anything. That's a great point too. Having a reduced HP key would be nice. Look forward to hearing your impressions. Thanks Ben.
I suppose the extra 35HP of the 850 will be noticeable but so will the gas consumption. I'm also betting that 2-up get more popular in my state now that they just made it illegal to ride 2-up on one up machine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Every dealer I have talked to says the side by sides are hot now. They say guys want to sit next to the wife or buddy. I hear ya on gas consumption but damn. 77 horse power on the 850 is awesome. Now you got me jealous.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Every dealer I have talked to says the side by sides are hot now. They say guys want to sit next to the wife or buddy. I hear ya on gas consumption but damn. 77 horse power on the 850 is awesome. Now you got me jealous.

It certainly does make a difference, but like you said...safer for the kids with the 550. I actually get better gas mileage on my 850 than my 500 because I used to ride the 500 pretty hard in order to keep up with my buds. Now that the wife is using it, we get about the same mileage.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
For sure, seeing a lot more of them up at the cabin. Saw some with tracks on the lake too. Not going to find a nearly new one for $6700 though. Maybe in a few years when we get sick of bikes. The 2012 850 is the first year with 77HP though when they then called it a HO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That seems to be a fair price on an excellent machine! Congratulations on the new rig, enjoy it buddy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts