Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 97 sportsman 500 for 670$ a couple weeks ago. She needs some work but it should keep me busy and spending my money for a while :veryhappy: Needs a new electric starter motor and i just ordered a new pull start for it and the 4x4 doesnt work at the moment:p i know it runs though because i got it running with the old pull start a couple times.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress!

Pssst..... your pics didn't show up. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Great buy, now lets see pics !

·
Registered
10 Posts
AWESOME. I just got my 1st Polaris two weeks ago, I had never even rode a Polaris before. I got a 2002 sportsman 700 twin. It had just over 100hrs on it, looked brand-new like showroom new. I'm loving it, awesome 4x4, and very comfortable. Only problem I'v had is the cv boots tearing, probably from sitting for 12years lol. So I ordered a manual and all the boots, should get that stuff put in this wknd.

·
Registered
46 Posts
AWESOME. I just got my 1st Polaris two weeks ago, I had never even rode a Polaris before. I got a 2002 sportsman 700 twin. It had just over 100hrs on it, looked brand-new like showroom new. I'm loving it, awesome 4x4, and very comfortable. Only problem I'v had is the cv boots tearing, probably from sitting for 12years lol. So I ordered a manual and all the boots, should get that stuff put in this wknd.
Kevin how many miles and how much did you pay? I just picked up a 03 700 with 116 hours 333 miles with eing and plow for $2500 here is a pic of mine lets see yours plus where are you located?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool so. it had just over 100hrs and near 900 miles. I paid 3000 they wanted 3800 list price was arnd 2600 I think. I'm happy with it, it beautiful , black n silver. And for Pete sake I cnt get pics to load and my phn is acting really weird.....will post em up soon tho

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone:) I will keep everyone updated on what i do to it. I can't wait to get the 4x4 fixed and get a little mud on the tires ;) just from the little bit of riding on it that I've done I can tell that I'm really going to like it and I love the speed and power that it has! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure how I did it, it was somewhere in edit profile options.........still havnt figured how to post pics to replies yet. I hope to get my cv boots put in this wknd, I got to ride 3or 4 good times before they started coming apart, I'm sure they are the original boots. Just The few rides I did get in iv fell in love with the true 4x4, its awesome, now when I see Honda's stuck and only 3wheels turning I can't help but to point on the side of my Polaris where it says true4x4 oh and the fact it says made in the USA on motor is just that much more awesome lol they must not have mud in Japan like we do here

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, so if I have problems getting my axles out to reboot them who would be the guy to ask for input. I doubt i'll have any problems but you never knw, iv done my grizzly 600 and they were just like car cv axles, just a swift yank and POP rite out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts