Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother is having an issue with his sportsman. He has no front brake lever (meaning it pulls all the way into the bars), When you step on the pedal brake you can feel the front lever pulse. Checked the reservoir and it was pretty low, reservoir for the rear was fine.. Looked for leaks, couldnt really see anything.. Topped off the fluid, rode it around for a bit and the fluid had gotten low again.. No change in the brakes. So he then takes the wheels off to look to see what he can find... ALL of his pads are shot, completely worn out. He bought the quad used and hasnt checked them til now. So My question is. With the pads being completely gone. Would that explain the fluid dropping. provided we cant find a leak? Also what pads does he need to order? Looking online there seem to be a ton that cover several years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you topped off the fluid with the pads shot it should not go down again unless something is leaking - the calipers would be out all the way already - check for leaks and replace the pads and bleed the system and you should be good to go ! in my opinion EBC pads are the best bang for the buck !

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
Go with ebc severe duty pads, the best I've used to date. Worn pads will cause the fluid level to go down. The new pads should be all you need.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
After you replace the brake pads. It would still be wise to bleed your brakes, just to be sure there is no air in the lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts