Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I want to ask you about Polaris 800cm sportsman twin. I don't know, when I brake with it, it has braking front and rear wheels?? Because I tried to brake and accelerate on sand road, and it started to dig a hole, and I don't know am I breaking,damaging it or not when I do like that. I looked it on Youtube and I think that's what I am asking is "burnout"

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy:

·
Registered
139 Posts
You were doing a burnout with the rear tires and want to know what you are hurting on your sportsman?

I would imagine it's not good for your rear brake or your belt. Or anything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You were doing a burnout with the rear tires and want to know what you are hurting on your sportsman?

I would imagine it's not good for your rear brake or your belt. Or anything else.
Hmm, I know that it is bad for belt, because I have a year before burned my belt.

So I want to know, is Sportsman polaris braking with front and rear wheels, or only with front? Because I thought when I brake and accelerate, so the rear wheels automatically disables the rear wheels braking, because if it wouldn't disable the brakes would really be damaged. Sorry for mistakes :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
The hand lever works both Front & Rear brakes.
I guess your trying to do what we called a power brake burn-out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Your rear brakes are engage when you squeeze the brake handle. Giving it throttle at the same time does not dis-engage your brake. So essentially, when you power brake you are burning up your rear brake pad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts