Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Polaris Scrambler that I purchased about 6 months ago. So far I have had to fix many frustrating kinks. C.V. joints and boots, rear hubs, ball joints, and a whole bunch of other crap that I am not going to list. I got a really good deal on it, but the person I bought it from did not maintain anything on it. Anyway, I cannot get the brakes to work properly. The font left one is on all of the time, the rear brakes squeak and seem like the may also be on all of the time, and the front right brake seems to be working like it should. I have went through two sets of pads already. Do I need new calipers? Can I rebuild the calipers? Are my master cylinders bad? Can I rebuild them. Oh ya, the back brake pedal has not worked since I bought it. When you push it down, it does nothing. My rear shock sinks alot when I sit on it, but I have heard this may be normal for a Polaris. Can someone give me some options here, this ATV is really starting to drive me crazy. I need to fix these things as cheaply as possible, as I have already dumped a lot of money in to it. Please someone help before I lose my mind! Please Help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im working on a 500 96 4wd sportsman myself. I have 5 other polaris and this is the first one I couldn't get to bleed the brakes. worked about 4 hours straight, finally gave up, rode around for about 20 minutes they started firming up. Weird!

·
Supporting Vendor
20 Posts
Yeah brakes on ATV's can sometimes be a real pain in the arse to bleed I have worked with a ton of customers who have bleed there brakes on cars with no problems but sometimes the atv brakes are just extremely finicky! crack the bleeder compress the handle and hold it then tighten the bleeder screw and proceed to the next one and continue till you have brakes. It can take a while but make sure you keep the mastercyl filled.... It sounds like the above is in need of a rebuild in the calipar the piston could be sticking on the 1 side front and the rear... If you need brake pads in the future check us out at www.race-driven.com we are a fraction of the cost of OEM or EBC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts