Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96' sportsman 400 4x4

I've rode it now every Saturday for the last 4 or 5 weeks, we've got a lot of the kinks worked out, eveyrthing working great so far, except for the rear brakes. The pads were shot on the rear, so I figured putting new ones on would take care of it. We put them on last week, adjusted the brakes and they were perfect........in the driveway. We rode this sunday. The brakes done well for the first 5 or 10 times you pushed them, then you'd have to re-adjust them..............repeatedly. I thought that might be normal for the first few times, but you could adjust them all day, they'd be tight and then disappear after a few times.

Any suggestions......

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Bleed out the lines??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:doh: Spot on.

I didnt realize both front and rear brakes were tied together using same resorvoir. That morning, we had bled the front brakes and had some trouble with the right side. Ended up pumping a ton of air into it during the process. We got all of the air out of it, but not knowing the front was tied to the rear, I know for sure there's a ton of air stuck in the rear still.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts