Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. Mossy Oak (Now Purple)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my brakes have a issue with the Piston leaking fluid all over the place, they seized up. Then I took the caliper off, and the Piston Was leaking fluid. I do not need the rear brakes, and was wondering if it would be possible to cap the line off and call it a day.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's not a wise idea. Your rear brakes are important to keep control of the vehicle. Calipers are pretty cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not a wise idea. Your rear brakes are important to keep control of the vehicle. Calipers are pretty cheap on ebay.
Really, it's a temporary fix, I appreciate your concern though, until I can get the parts, how could I do it?

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Depends on the line fitting - if it's a banjo fitting just put a solid bolt with a nut and 2 copper washers through the fitting and tighten - if it's an inverted flare, go a automotive supply and get a cap to dead end it into.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the line fitting - if it's a banjo fitting just put a solid bolt with a nut and 2 copper washers through the fitting and tighten - if it's an inverted flare, go a automotive supply and get a cap to dead end it into.
Thank you very much latebird, you have helped me countless times, and you have been amazing. Thanks a lot.
-Tyler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts