Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

im having problems getting the brakes to bleed. does anyone have any opinions on how to do this. thanks for any help

·
Registered
174 Posts
fill pump hold get buddy to crack bleeder screw close it before it stops draining pump again. hold. open bleeder screw drain a bit, close before stream stops (important thing is dont let the reserve go dry and dont release brake leaver till bleeder screw is tight!)

also there are 2 bleeder screws on the rear caliper, make sure you crack the right one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently replaced my rear master cylinder because try as I might I was not able to get it to bleed out. Once I put a new one in, the problem was solved, however, I now seem to have a similar problem with the front lever master. It hardens up when pumped initially, but drifts down to nothing if I hold it, I can't get it to bleed either. This is on a 2005 Sportsman 800 EFI. I can't believe both of them are bad. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
You may be able to get a rebuild kit and save some money, it will come with usually a few o-rings. I used to machine master cylinders for an aftermarket bike company and learn why most fail early. During machining of the operator didn't deburr properly then it could cut the seal quickly or even immediate. So if your rebuild all ways check for burr and shavings in the piston bore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts