Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sportsman 90 and cant seem to keep brakes on it i can adjust them tight front and rear and a hour after my son rides he doesnt have any brakes i have bought heavy duty shoes and some shit please HELP my son rides this bike and i am concerned for his safety:smashfreakB:

·
Registered
18 Posts
How many miles is your son putting on each time? do you live in a sandy area... And what does he put it through ? As well this is a 90 cc is your son over 130 lbs because he might just be too big for the machine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles is your son putting on each time? do you live in a sandy area... And what does he put it through ? As well this is a 90 cc is your son over 130 lbs because he might just be too big for the machine
Ok my son is 8 he is he weighs about 75lbs we do a lot of mud riding hill climbing but I can pull all the wheels off and adjust brakes at the drums and then take the slack out by adjusting the cables and he can ride around the neighborhood 4 a hour or so and come back with no brakes I have replaced shoes with heavy duty shoe and the same thing happens I have also configured heavier return springs thinking maybe the brakes were not releasing and the same thing so I don't know what to do the dealer tells me its a 90 and its not made 4 the mud and water I just believe that's bull shit I have a 3 year old that will be riding this bike real soon as well and I want it right 4 my kids safety I am at the point of trying to put disk brakes on it off a race 4 wheeler if I have to don't want to but these drum brakes on this dike are very unsafe and I get no help from polaris thanks for your time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts