Polaris ATV Forum banner

Brand new 2021 Sportsman 570 efi Drive belt case exhaust route

30K views 60 replies 20 participants last post by  Ray4624 
#1 ·
OK I am new to the forum but glad to be here. I love Polaris product but I am big time disappointed today whit my new 2021 570 EFI. I didn't notice this at the cycle shop but when I got it home and it was in the back of my truck I noticed that the snorkel outlet for the drive belt/clutch case was routed up and out to the back of the quad and not up under the seat. It is factory installed this way. It has a 3 inch opening in the pipe so that any mud, dust, water you ride through will go down the pipe into the drive belt case. I would think this is very very bad. Why would Polaris do this? I checked with the cycle shop and they looked it up in the parts break out and sure enough that is the design.
Is there a way to fix this.

Sculpture Metal Iron Claw
Automotive engine part Silver Sculpture

See less See more
#2 ·
Clutch exhaust blows air out, so technically it is difficult for dust/mud to get all the way into the clutch. Water on the other hand can enter if you are in deep up to the opening. However if you are, then you are in too deep. Only supposed to go up to the foot wells. So the design works for the design of the machine. Having said that, I would extend the hose up to the centre of the back where the storage box was in the older style models. All you need is a 2” rubber hose and coupler.

#3 ·
It's an exhaust like G says. I'm sure the aftermarket will address this with a snorkel soon enough. But if you ride the machine per it's designed intentions it'll never be a problem.

Reactions: Gmartino100
#4 ·
You may want to go check that out. There is not enough air blowing out to stop any kind of mud going down the pipe as well dust or sand when riding out in the dessert.. I guess you also have to plug the pipe when you wash your quad off so you don't get water down it. Very Poor design if you ask me.

#48 ·
I too have a new 2021 Polaris 570 Explorer - Hunter Addition
What a joke design!!! I want my tool box back, Clutch exhaust fixed and my wheels spaced out 1.5" then you have a machine!!!!! Had at least 10 Polaris quads in the past. My 2009 550 XP
was perfect after I added the wheel spacers and it still purs today!! And yes I drive them hard!
AG

#5 ·
There is tons of air blowing out when the RPMs are up. Dust and sand won’t get in there nor will mud just being flung around by the tires. Like I said, if you bury the pipe in water or mud, that’s a different story. Otherwise it will work just fine for “normal” operating conditions. Having said that, I personally don’t like that design or the one on the 850/1000’s which is why I extended my exhaust pipe to what I thought was a better location.

#7 ·
Yeah the base models go to the under seat location like the older styles. Not sure what the difference is between the two though. Would need to compare each one side by side. May be able to purchase the base model exhaust and install it, should fit 🤷‍♂️

#9 ·
May be “out there” but a specifically cut piece of silicone with a tab on one side could be installed. Basically a flapper type check-valve that in the worst case scenario would choke off the outlet of the tube. I’d go for snorkel style extension I guess but the cheapest/quickest would be thin silicone. Anyone ever see this type of setup? I don’t have the experience to claim it is feasible and foolpoof.

#11 · (Edited)
I was checking them out about a month ago I was debating on trading in my 2019. I don’t understand why they got rid of the toolbox in the back and I didn’t like the placement of that vent tube.. without the toolbox they have room to run it up into some type of air-box. Sucks because I really like the new style in radar blue.
I ended up keeping the 2019 and buying an aftermarket power steering which was the original purpose for upgrading.
I’ll wait to see what next year brings us.
I have a 3d printer i was thinking i could just print a box that would fit were the tool box used to be. I'd probably be able to sell a bunch of them.

#21 ·
I was checking them out about a month ago I was debating on trading in my 2019. I don’t understand why they got rid of the toolbox in the back and I didn’t like the placement of that vent tube.. without the toolbox they have room to run it up into some type of air-box. Sucks because I really like the new style in radar blue.
I ended up keeping the 2019 and buying an aftermarket power steering which was the original purpose for upgrading.
I’ll wait to see what next year brings us.
I have a 3d printer i was thinking i could just print a box that would fit were the tool box used to be. I'd probably be able to sell a bunch of them.
if you do Id be interested in 2 possibly depending on design you come up with. I was going to attempt fabbing one out of aluminum but haven't had the free time yet and Id like to have the box seal up with a door some how. In due time if an aftermarket one does not come out.

#12 ·
Water up to the foot wells will still allow for splashed water to go in the tube (unfortunately verified). Bad design, After thought design, Money grab for repairs? Who knows.... What we do know is the fix is easy and you should do it. Extend to where the tool box area was prior. Less dust and a lower chance for water.

#14 ·
You guys need to calm down with the whole "owners manual says up to floor boards" thing.

The manual also say no inclines over 25 degrees

It recommends against crossing a side hill

It recommends against operating in excessively rough, slippery, or loose terrain.

Most guys aren't looking to turn a sportsman into a submarine. However, many of the trails I ride and many of the ATV recreation areas have trails with obstacles (creek crossings, hills, etc) that exceed the limitations listed in the owners manual.

You should be able to buy a stock "ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE" and cross a creek without having issues. IMO, the capability should be that if your sitting on the seat and your ass doesn't get wet, it isn't too deep. Thats just what it takes to get around in many places.

#15 · (Edited)
You should be able to buy a stock "ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE" and cross a creek without having issues. IMO, the capability should be that if your sitting on the seat and your ass doesn't get wet, it isn't too deep. Thats just what it takes to get around in many places.
Totally agree. Unfortunately the manufacturers will never admit to that for liability reasons and it gives them an out for any issues that arise.
They say you can ride in water up to the footwells, which I guarantee will get water in that pipe, and from experience, any snow you ride in will be flung into it. Stupid design.
Do you have personal experience with water getting in?
Water up to the foot wells will still allow for splashed water to go in the tube (unfortunately verified). Bad design, After thought design, Money grab for repairs? Who knows.... What we do know is the fix is easy and you should do it. Extend to where the tool box area was prior. Less dust and a lower chance for water.
How much water got into the CVT. I find it hard to believe that any significant amount of “splashed” water would make it’s way down that pipe, but you have it verified so I’d like some more details.

#18 ·
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

#29 ·
OK I am new to the forum but glad to be here. I love Polaris product but I am big time disappointed today whit my new 2021 570 EFI. I didn't notice this at the cycle shop but when I got it home and it was in the back of my truck I noticed that the snorkel outlet for the drive belt/clutch case was routed up and out to the back of the quad and not up under the seat. It is factory installed this way. It has a 3 inch opening in the pipe so that any mud, dust, water you ride through will go down the pipe into the drive belt case. I would think this is very very bad. Why would Polaris do this? I checked with the cycle shop and they looked it up in the parts break out and sure enough that is the design.
Is there a way to fix this.

View attachment 145311 View attachment 145312
It looks like you have a section missing.
These photos of my 2021 sportsman 850 show another section that continues where yours stops.
It runs up to the front of the storage box and ends there. The second photo shows where the exhaust tube stops in front of the storage box.
Hope this helps.

#30 ·
It looks like you have a section missing.
These photos of my 2021 sportsman 850 show another section that continues where yours stops.
It runs up to the front of the storage box and ends there. The second photo shows where the exhaust tube stops in front of the storage box.
Hope this helps.
The 850/1000’s snorkel system is different than the 450/570’s. No parts missing, it’s part of the redesign on the 450/570’s.

#33 ·
I didnt bother reading the entire thread. But this cvt exhaust pipe was recalled. Polaris mailed out a new pipe with instructions, mine came with the new design from the factory but i still received the recall kit. Call polaris tell them you have the old exhaust design. Theyve actully recalled 2 other items aswell, the front storage gasket and a ecu cover. Both were mailed to me with out even asking.

#34 ·
I extended mine up and into where the storage box used to be. Top of the hose is angled flat more than this picture shows , but a 3/2 reducer, silicone, and some 2” flexible tubing from Amazon is all it takes
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive fuel system

#36 ·
I adjusted the end with a different mounting angle and the hose is flexible enough so it’s bent down down slightly now . Seems like her ideal angle between not getting water in it from washing or having anything fly up in there from riding

Reactions: MrEd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.