Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to the board and ATVing, just picked up a 2012 550 EPS touring last week, first ATV I've ever owned, always been a bike guy. 40 miles in and I already have concerns, engine and EPS light came on today when I turned around in reverse and put it back into high gear, i was in 4x4, went into limp mode i guess?? after 50-100 yards I shut it down for a few minutes and fired it back up and everything was fine, i rode it for another 30-45 minutes to see if it would reoccur and it didn't. When I got home i went though it top to bottom, checked all the connections on the wires, fuilds and got a trouble code 520230, comm. problem with the EPS. But it then i fired it up, EPS worked fine and now code is gone?? And it might be in my head but the fuel seems to have a slight odor of gasoline?? any thoughts?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hi all I'm new to the board and ATVing, just picked up a 2012 550 EPS touring last week, first ATV I've ever owned, always been a bike guy. 40 miles in and I already have concerns, engine and EPS light came on today when I turned around in reverse and put it back into high gear, i was in 4x4, went into limp mode i guess?? after 50-100 yards I shut it down for a few minutes and fired it back up and everything was fine, i rode it for another 30-45 minutes to see if it would reoccur and it didn't. When I got home i went though it top to bottom, checked all the connections on the wires, fuilds and got a trouble code 520230, comm. problem with the EPS. But it then i fired it up, EPS worked fine and now code is gone?? And it might be in my head but the fuel seems to have a slight odor of gasoline?? any thoughts?? thanks in advance

I don't have eps But when my bike was new maby 10-15 hrs..the engine light came on,I pulled the code..(8)(the crankshaft position sensor/ circuit fault)told dealership at next service and they said there was nothing on there computer and it was just a fault (I cant remember exactly what they called it)...no worries...67 hrs later I have never seen a warning light again and the bike runs better then the day I bought it...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Don`t worry about the warning lights just yet. Put some miles on your atv and break it in and it should be fine. I had the EPS light on my 2011 550 xp come one time, but it hasn`t happened sense and I havn`t had any problems. I have over 800 miles and counting on my atv.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts