Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there's any upgrades for the 850 front diff me and my brother in law have both broke ours

·
Registered
325 Posts
there was a guy that machines his own piece that bolts on to where the input shaft goes into the diff that is supposed to strengthen the case and stop them from breaking. this thread talking about it was recently posted im sure if you searched the forum you can find the link in one of the posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya we have few buddies and were actually considering that option since OEM is cast I'll see if I can find it. I'm pretty new to this site so I'm sure it'll take awhile. How about aftermarket differential is there any out there I've googled with no success

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know lots of people that got the upgrade, I've got my name on the list too, he's out of stock for the 850 till the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes it will work on the sportsman but they are different, the one for the sportsmans are out of stock till end of feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was wondering if there's any upgrades for the 850 front diff me and my brother in law have both broke ours
I was just wondering how did it break? What were you doing. And what mods do u have done to your machine?

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine broke when I rolled over a drift and tires left the snow maybe 4". Not much so I personally don't think it should of snapped and brother in law was having issues with 4x grabbing he was going through some powder in 2 wheel and it grabbed and it popped. I've read of plenty other guys breaking them too. No I don't jump or do wheelies in 4 wheel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts