Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Sportsman XP1000
Well... What the Hell... Let me start .. I was getting ready to change my oil this Pass weekend.. So I unscrewed the dipstick wiped it off.. and got sidetracked .. came back started it up and when I cranked it up my dipstick blew out .. smh.. So I put it back in. Let her run for a couple minutes. Changed the oil and filter, fill it up ... grab the dipstick and notice that a piece of it was missing.. Looking around I find it, inside the hole where the dipstick and oil goes ... mo#[email protected] f%[email protected]^* What would happen if I would leave the piece there... I haven't turned it over to start it up. I've tried to pull it but it's a small opening the size of a dime .. I'm guessing next a vacuum... I don't know ahhh...

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Most dipsticks tubes are removable. Probably just one bolt holding the dipstick tube in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Sportsman XP1000
Well... What the Hell... Let me start .. I was getting ready to change my oil this Pass weekend.. So I unscrewed the dipstick wiped it off.. and got sidetracked .. came back started it up and when I cranked it up my dipstick blew out .. smh.. So I put it back in. Let her run for a couple minutes. Changed the oil and filter, fill it up ... grab the dipstick and notice that a piece of it was missing.. Looking around I find it, inside the hole where the dipstick and oil goes ... mo#[email protected] f%[email protected]^* What would happen if I would leave the piece there... I haven't turned it over to start it up. I've tried to pull it but it's a small opening the size of a dime .. I'm guessing next a vacuum... I don't know ahhh...

I just had this same thing happen to me. What did you end up doing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts