Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody broke the plastic seat tabs off their seat? The longer ones that hold the back of the seat and secure it to the frame? I broke mine at last weekends race, both of them clean off. I held the seat down with my legs/knees and finished the race.

I have a solution to fix the tabs with 1/4" allthread and some lock nuts. I'll post pics when I get to fixing it.

Just wondering if anyone else had broken theirs and the fix they came up with.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
No...but I don't like how the seat latches. It should be a proper latch...

·
Registered
418 Posts
still cant figure out why Polaris had to f with the last latch system like on my 500 and go to the new system like your talking about, been wondering how long those plastic tabs would last, one of my few complaints about those new 570s

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
At least the seat doesn't just "pop" in like our 300! NO latches on that bad boy

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
At least they're replaceable...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone installed the repair kit from Polaris and can let me know how it's holding up? Both of my seat pegs broke off and I'm trying to decide between the Polaris repair parts or the Dirtworks latch kit.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
since we are talking about seats, just a heads up, if u remove your seat to hose bike down, when u put seat back on and the 2 seat posts and grommets are still wet the seat pops off way too easily, you could lose it if trailering right away ! I noticed this on the wife's 570. You can pop it off with your little finger.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I always put a little bungee cord over my seat when its on the trailer, just a little insurance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called the local dealer about 2204682 who then called Polaris and the engineering schematics didn't show this working for anything other than an X2. Did anyone try the 2204682 seat repair kit? If so, was there any additional modifications necessary?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Worked just fine on my dad’s 570.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That kit worked for me too and forgot to post the result. Thanks for posting that up for everyone else who is having this problem. :beerchug:

My seat is tighter with the metal posts, but not much to compare it to considering the plastic ones were broke!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have that same kit and it's barely holding on after 3 years...lol...the little prongs that screw in are made of a pretty soft material and they'll wear out where they screw in at.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Here ya go, I'm talking about he little seat posts themselves. I tend to ride a little rougher than most so I could see them lasting longer on a machine that is primarily used for scenic style trail riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here ya go, I'm talking about he little seat posts themselves. I tend to ride a little rougher than most so I could see them lasting longer on a machine that is primarily used for scenic style trail riding.
Daaaayum, I see what you're saying now! Seems you could replace them without having to replace the entire seat tho... so that's good. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts