Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some research on bumper choices for my 2013 sportsman 400 and it looks like 4 choices. Guru, SuperATV, Bison and the Polaris version. I like the looks of the SuperATV version, but not being able to open the lid on the front storage could be an issue. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a fix to open the lid all the way. I know you can adjust the mounting screws to get some more clearance, but has anyone come up with any other fixes? Second choice is the Bison, but haven't found many pictures of one on a 2012-2013 sportsman. If anyone has this version how do you like it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey
I have the front and rear brush guards from ATV Guru.. Excellent quality and hand crafted..I would recommend them all day long.. There is no fitment issues at all and still have full functionality of my front box and the small built in box in the back..Check out their website.. they have lots of pictures for the newer models

·
Registered
470 Posts
ATV-Guru

I agree. I have one on each of my XPs. They can't be beat. The ones for machines like yours have even more beef on the bottom. Give John (at ATV-Guru) a call and he will take great care of you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently went with the Bison (Hunter Series) Guards, for my 2012 Sportsman and they are awesome!!!!!! I chose Bison mostly because of the amount of protection all the steel the Front Guard offers the vital areas on the front of my quad, bottom line riding behind my buddies Razr 800 can be treacherous on dirt roads lol, so I wanted maximum protection from hard debris getting kicked up @ those areas..........Of course now that I think of it I could ride in front of my Buddies Vicious Razr more often right? With that said initially I was worried about overheating, like I said there is a lot of steel and a plate with not so many holes cut in it, sitting directly over/protecting the radiator, and a solid plate @ the Winch Fairlead, but as of yet no cooling issues to date?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I recently went with the Bison (Hunter Series) Guards, for my 2012 Sportsman and they are awesome!!!!!! I chose Bison mostly because of the amount of protection all the steel the Front Guard offers the vital areas on the front of my quad, bottom line riding behind my buddies Razr 800 can be treacherous on dirt roads lol, so I wanted maximum protection from hard debris getting kicked up @ those areas..........Of course now that I think of it I could ride in front of my Buddies Vicious Razr more often right? With that said initially I was worried about overheating, like I said there is a lot of steel and a plate with not so many holes cut in it, sitting directly over/protecting the radiator, and a solid plate @ the Winch Fairlead, but as of yet no cooling issues to date?

Great looking bumper, Its number 1 on my Christmas list. Should offer plenty of protection when the m40's start shelling!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got mine from Polaris when I got my ride in 2012. Didn't know anything about the lid not opening all the way until I put the winch on. When I put it all back together I find the lid doesn't open all the way. Thought I did something wrong putting it back together. I see some adjustment on the mount screws but haven't messed with them. Wonder if I adjust the screws will it mess up the alignment of the lid? Also is there a easy way to be sure the lid is in proper adjustment so it is sealing properly? Anyone have any input on this?

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
I went with the bison as well. Bison Hunter Series on the front and Moose on the rear. Looks like a matching set and the install was a breeze. Very good protection. Like a little tank
That bison is a stout looking bumper.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I would put Guru/Viking (it may be a nock off but it's just as stout) #1 and Bison #2 as far as Bumpers go. Both are very sturdy, but I give Guru/Viking the win for styling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could anyone with a bison hunter series bar tell me the dimensions of it please?

I am from Australia and am working on getting one shipped here.

I need to know the height, length and width to calculate the freight charges

Thanks. Anthony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts