Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brush guards.... We mostly have OEM and the ebay knockoffs.. They bolt to the front bumper support in the middle.

I have a brush guard. Caught a stump on a 50" trail which put me into a tree at about 8-10 mph. I bent the bumper support, Radiator, Radiator support, broke the front plastics (inside the storage) and burned up the cooling fan from the Radiator being bent.

Say something heavier, an actual bumper like an ATV Guru. Do they generally mount on the bumper support and the bottom of it where it bolts to the frame?

I put the brush guard on there to save the plastics if I hit something at low speed...but, the way it mounts just caves in the bumper support.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Atv Guru- The name says it all! As far as different mount options I’d say what’s going on is as good as it gets.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
This is atv-guru.com at its best!

atv.jpg
Front CU.jpg
HL 3.jpg

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Actually...... Yes, I'm in the process of adding a tent carrier up front for my trip to Paiute in Utah.....

P.S Yes John is proud of this one!! He features it on his web sight & Facebook Page.

Sprotsman, you know that front 2" receiver already is home to my Ice Drill, Chain Saw, Additional LED Light, Hitch Haul Carrier, 2" ball to move my trailer, Gun Rack, and flotation drum.... I'm sure i missed a few items!

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I think I got off subject a little....
Only modification I did for mounting the front bumper was I added the chain from the bumper to the plow mount bracket on the frame, there is no way in hell its coming off if I decide to put a hard pull on it. I drilled the hole in the bumper so the 4 links on the chain are tight. I used the existing hole where the plow mount would go.

mount 1.jpg
mount 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
“P.S Yes John is proud of this one!! He even features it on his web sight.“
Yes saw those pics. And there you go OP, another connection point!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
“P.S Yes John is proud of this one!! He even features it on his web sight.“
Yes saw those pics. And there you go OP, another connection point!
That's what I'm looking for. Looking back I shouldn't have put the brush guard on but I wasn't really aware how everything was packaged up front. A lot of our 50" trails are really tight and peppered with little stumps, rocks and roots. Catch a wheel and you're feeling it quick.

That isn't the 1st time I've been burned by a little stump but the first time there was any sort of actual damage. Luckily, parts haven't been hard to get, all I'm waiting on is the rad support.

Atv Guru- The name says it all! As far as different mount options I’d say what’s going on is as good as it gets.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a guru bumper yesterday. I replaced everything that got bent/destroyed and I really don't feel like doing that again. That was a 12 drink job, as always I lost at least one bolt and misplaced several sockets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts