Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with some other problems I think I've burnt my SECOND belt :wank: It's still under warranty but it's such a PITA going to the stealership. Will a high performance belt help me out? I do ride hard, mud, sand, and cross water frequently but I still try to take care of my toy. Has anyone else had problems with their belt?

Also, the dealer told me that the 08's came with a skinny belt, he didn't have a clue why but said they had a high failure rate with them.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I've heard the Polaris belts are the best, maybe something else is wrong??

·
Registered
527 Posts
Maybe the clutches are not aligned properly! Possible one way bearing failure! Maybe there is something internally wrong with the clutch. When you take off do you take off slow? Do other people ride your machine? I believe the belt is not the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the clutches are not aligned properly! Possible one way bearing failure! Maybe there is something internally wrong with the clutch. When you take off do you take off slow? Do other people ride your machine? I believe the belt is not the problem.
Well if there weren't aligned properly, I can imagine there would be severe vibration, No I don't take off slow, I normally go pretty fast on this thing, but then again, I don't try to max out my speed every single time. Yes I do let other people ride my machine. Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
You will only have a vibration if there is a bad burn spot on the belt. A misaligned clutch will just eat your belts. Riding hard is not bad for the belt but riding real slow or taking off real slow will cause the belt to slip which will put a burn spot on the belt. This will always lead to belt failure. IF you want you can give me a call and I can tell you how to check the alignment 651-340-1129. Good Luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The manual indicates that you should not run in high range for very long at 15 mph or slower.
Maybe you will need to run in low range more often??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts