Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed to Busco Beach April 11-13 If anyone is going to be there stop and say hi. I'll be camping in the tent section and driving a burgundy Jeep Commander lifted and has a winch on the front. I'll be on a 2014 burgundy Sportsman XP with swamplites, box with a seat and the only one with a carbon fiber M4 muffler on that as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My daughter lives bout 20 min from there and I plan on visiting her that weekend. Have not decided if I'm going to haul the atv or not yet. If I do haul it I'd like to meet up since I would be solo riding otherwise. I live in woodbridge va.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing we'll be there. Be nice to meet up with someone from this site. Just try and give me a time and a discription of what to look for and i'll try to find you. Look forward to meeting you

·
Registered
89 Posts
If the weather checks out I may make a weekend trip down there. Last time I went about a month ago the water/river was still so high that pretty much half the park was inaccessible. I've been told by friends that went recently that it's gone down some but it's still nasty out there, a good nasty though. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i know by looking at the weather its supose to be really nice! upper 70's and lows in the 50's. Stop by and say hi if you go. I've got about 5 in my group. I've got a discription of what i'll be on and driving, stop in.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was down there last weekend. It was still plenty flooded and TONS of thick mud. Still a good weekend, but a lot of work to do any serious riding.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was down there last weekend. It was still plenty flooded and TONS of thick mud. Still a good weekend, but a lot of work to do any serious riding.
Was it snorkle deep mud? Can you still get around pretty decent? I don't mind getting muddy, but i dont have a snorkle kit nor do i plan on getting one lol. I have a few sport quads going with us just wanna make sure everyone still has a decent time.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Was it snorkle deep mud? Can you still get around pretty decent? I don't mind getting muddy, but i dont have a snorkle kit nor do i plan on getting one lol. I have a few sport quads going with us just wanna make sure everyone still has a decent time.

Usually there's a way around the snorkel-deep places or you'll have to turn around. I'm sure with all the rain we had yesterday and today it's good and nasty out there. Your sport quad friends should be ok. Depends on how far they're willing to push their machine and how much you want to pull them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapawishiwasonmywheeler

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Usually there's a way around the snorkel-deep places or you'll have to turn around. I'm sure with all the rain we had yesterday and today it's good and nasty out there. Your sport quad friends should be ok. Depends on how far they're willing to push their machine and how much you want to pull them out.

Ok thanks for the heads up. They also dont mind getting muddy either lol. Like i said i don't mind going through mud holes just not up past my seat for obvious reasons lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm right there with you. I'm not snorkeled either. I'd love to but I'm having a hell of a time finding a kit. I'm still debating if I'm heading out there or not. If I had to guess all along the river, back behind the wash station, and the trails below the barn are the worst spots. It's hit or miss along the power lines. Just be careful. Busco can have 6in puddles or 5ft sinkholes. They all look the same and are randomly around the park.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm right there with you. I'm not snorkeled either. I'd love to but I'm having a hell of a time finding a kit. I'm still debating if I'm heading out there or not. If I had to guess all along the river, back behind the wash station, and the trails below the barn are the worst spots. It's hit or miss along the power lines. Just be careful. Busco can have 6in puddles or 5ft sinkholes. They all look the same and are randomly around the park.

Ok thank you again for the info. If you happen to go that weekend look me up and join us. The more the merry lol.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've been there when the river is very high. You just have to be a little careful to avoid the deep holes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should make for an interesting weekend :rock_dj: Thanks again for the heads up guys:fing02:

·
Registered
962 Posts
We had a sport bike with us too, and he was able to get around most of the really nasty stuff. We got up to our seats in mud plenty.of times. The biggest problem was some of the holes started out shallow but quickly drop out deep. I've been there when it was worse. Your sport bikes will have to do a little work, but they should be ok.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My son and I were there the 2nd week of March and the east side was flooded in spots. The rest was very passable. Should be a little better now. I just looked at the USGS data on the river gauge hight and water level is down right now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess we'll have to avoid alot of mud then, or when in dought go around lol. I don't want to swamp it and destory a 5 month old sportsman 850 lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
I guess we'll have to avoid alot of mud then, or when in dought go around lol. I don't want to swamp it and destory a 5 month old sportsman 850 lol
That's why I encourage my son to wear his waders. If we're unsure he can walk into the puddle and see how deep it is. If I get stuck he can push me out. At 6'2", 250 he's good for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's why I encourage my son to wear his waders. If we're unsure he can walk into the puddle and see how deep it is. If I get stuck he can push me out. At 6'2", 250 he's good for that sort of thing.
Good point! I always wear my waders. Need to see if he wants to hang out with us when we go!!!! lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Off work now I'm officially in vacation mode now lol. Leaving thursday afternoon, see you guys there sometime this weekend.....Later

1 - 20 of 33 Posts