Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let's stick to the facts here and let us sift through what your complaints are based on the facts as you provided them, your feeling may just cloud your judgement one way or the other. Or you may just be right??? Thanks and repost this again, with what went wrong...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What is it that you are having issues with.... a certain product failure, delivery.... ???

·
Registered
175 Posts
What is it that you are having issues with.... a certain product failure, delivery.... ???
Discussed the issue with him last night. It appears that it has something to do with a couple front bumpers, neither of them fitting properly and/or being rusted when received. HOWEVER........... he'll have to provide the actual story and facts.

In todays market, it would best benefit ANY store or service, to provide without question, the BEST possible service and/or product if they'd like to stay in business very long. Social media and internet forums provide almost immediate information concerning just one (1) bad experience. Those that put the customer FIRST, seem to have higher ratings and sell more products.

I would trust that they WILL make things right with the customer.....

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I would be interested to hear the actual facts surrounding the issue in this case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The facts were posted!! Free speech is a thing of the past, even with the "social media". People just block you or delete your comment SO nobody else hears how bad a company treats customers or how good a company treats someone.

I have a VALID reason to inform buyers to be very cautious in ordering anything from this company.

SORRY moderator that Super Dooper pays you $$$ to be on here. That DOES NOT make them a good company, it just means they are advertising for business.

My negative opinions on all this have been blocked or deleted by Super ATV and moderators who make $$ off these people. Sad.

You ever see a GOOD report deleted?? Hmmmm? Just another website that cares about the almighty $$ and not the members. No members why advertise? Later.... PM me if ya want the FACTS.:lmao:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The facts were posted!! Free speech is a thing of the past, even with the "social media". People just block you or delete your comment SO nobody else hears how bad a company treats customers or how good a company treats someone.

I have a VALID reason to inform buyers to be very cautious in ordering anything from this company.

SORRY moderator that Super Dooper pays you $$$ to be on here. That DOES NOT make them a good company, it just means they are advertising for business.

My negative opinions on all this have been blocked or deleted by Super ATV and moderators who make $$ off these people. Sad.

You ever see a GOOD report deleted?? Hmmmm? Just another website that cars about the almighty $$ and not the members. No members why advertise? Later.... PM me if ya want the FACTS.:lmao:

Yea that's the sorry fact of it is that everybody in America is out for the dollar!! But thanks for the warning I will be sure not to order anything from them!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I see your posting was edited..... and it didn't say anything detailed about the issues you are experiancing. Hence my original reply.....

It must be a conspiracy!!! :ditsch:

You are 110% correct..... In today's market place, "customer service" is key, due to social media and other online forums.

Best of luck resolving these issue..... remember not every item and sale is perfect goes smoothly, but a company (online or store front) with good customer service should solve the issue in a timely fashion. Even if the last option is to return the products for a "Full" refund, or allow you to keep the failed or damaged product at a drastically reduced rate.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I definitely would like to know what transpired. Pm coming....
I disturbs me that the mods on this forum would edit someones post like this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will leave the Polaris Forums website. I'm sure Bruce (Moderator) will be happy with that.

BTW, Bruces reponse to me from a PM was "So wine about it!!!" He can't even spell the word whine. Amazing.

Enjoy Folks!! Just beware of Super ATV. Super is just a company name, not the products. Good old China quality.

I was going to use a "smiley", but after going through the list of them I was a little shocked at how many are MASSIVELY Politically incorrect. Ripping gays? White trash? The "finger"? Smoking a joint?? Crackhead?? Wow!

More reasons this is not a site for me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Politically correct is for pussies that don't the have balls to tell it like it is!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Politically correct is for pussies that don't the have balls to tell it like it is!!!
Well put Redneck. Let's just agree to disagree.

On second thought, You're absolutely right Red. Our moderator Bruce censored my opinions and it seems to him it was a "politically correct" thing to do so as NOT to upset poor Super Duper.

He must be a pussy then?

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Brother, I don't know your story but I'm sensing how it goes, so here's a lil behind the scene I learned during the first yrs I started my business and became of a member of the "highly touted" BBB.

The Better Business Bureau is just like this forum...businesses pay money to be part of the club. BBB allows you to use their trademark and fact your a member to upsell to clients since it supposedly gives them a warm and fuzzy feeling. super duper pays bruce to advertise here to get business...so pretty much same principal.

People call in to complain about joe blow construction to the BBB, it makes them feel better being able to rant...guess what the BBB does? Acts concerned, but keeps it's paying members status at A+ rating. Just like Bruce is going to snuff you bad mouthing super duper if that's what you did.

But that's not right....no, in a perfect world it is not, but the reality is the world runs off money. BBB used to charge me $575/yr to be a member since I was a small/growing company and said as I grew annual sales, my cost of admission would rise with it.....so why would the BBB who is STRICTLY FUNDED and exists SOLELY off membership dues, going to pigeon hole a paying member and risk losing an annual due? They aren't and they don't.....just like bruce isn't going to risk losing a source of income to his website by slapping a paying vendor.

That's life, it isn't fair, but that's the reality of it. All you can do is fight your good fight and know bruce will do whatever to stop you here since he's not going to let you take money out of his pocket.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Take it to Facebook..you will get way more attention and they cant remove it.

It is best to try to talk it out between the two of you first...and usually always gets taken care of.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Is this the thing about an aftermarket bumper not having the right length bolts to adapt to the ATV and a Polaris Plow. I remember some rant a while back about that?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I don't think so, that instance was an issue with theatvesuperstore NOT superatv, and it was resolved. This is a different case.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I don't think so, that instance was an issue with theatvesuperstore NOT superatv, and it was resolved. This is a different case.
That's good to know...if they were still bitching about bolts I was going lose my mind. LOL

I had one experience with a "supporting vendor" that never reached the boiling point due to the fact I am a weary buyer. They had great prices and were cheaper than Ricochet direct, until you factored in their shipping costs.

At this point I realized how easy it is for an uniformed buyer to get the shaft. In the long run I bought direct from Ricochet for $500 with free shipping. The other vender was $475 but wanted $80 some dollars for shipping and they were in the adjacent state to me. I could have shipped UPS for cheaper than the vendor and I don't even have a business account. Lesson learned for free.

I don't mind paying a few bucks more to help smaller vendors and ma & pa shops but they can be jerks as well so caveat emptor.

Just another tidbit of advise, when you go back to a supplier, vendor, ect.. be nice about the problem you are having. It is amazing what a calm voice and a plesant disposition will do in getting great service. I have no problem becoming someones worse nightmare but that is only a last resort.

When your are "Insta-dick" and start screaming and ranting about an issue then you put them on the defense and you will typically come out on the losing end when just a smile and a few kind words get them on your side.

If you can sit back and absolutly make a case against someone and they gave you a royal screwing then take it public. That not only provides a way to force their hand but provides valuable insight for the rest of us as they way they do business.

Public shaming has it's place but only if it is warrented.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^^Well Said^^

·
Registered
377 Posts
Let's all remember that this happened in April - of 2013. So it's now 18 months old.
But the issue of moderators editing posts with the apparent goal of appeasing supporting vendors is an ongoing and relevant topic.

First, this thread was posted in the vendor's sub-forum, to which the vendor has moderator rights.
Maybe that was a bad move, or maybe it would not have affected the outcome.
But it amounts to crapping on the vendor's front porch, which may not have been a good idea.

Also, before we get too far down the path toward labeling the moderators as villians, the original post should be looked at again.
The way I read it, the moderator removed the content of the OP's first message, but left the "shell" of the post there, with a moderator comment in there. This could have been made clearer, but the moderator's literacy and usual apparent amount of effort must be kept in mind there. Anyway, it was the moderator basically saying "Let's stick to the facts" and "repost this again, with what went wrong".

So it was not absolute censorship. It was still clear (well, translucent anyway) that the OP had an issue to discuss, if he could discuss it in an acceptable manner.

Reading between the lines, what I think happened was that the OP wrote up a passionate rant, full of feelings and impressions, and it may have been possible to parse out the facts by reading that, but who wants to pick through a rotting pile of debris trying to get to the nuggets of truth? So the moderator wiped the crap out and invited the OP to try again.
And the OP did not try again. Either he did not have the patience to try again after cooling off, or he does not possess the ability to think/talk rationally and therefore was unable to repost with "just the facts". Instead, he launched another passionate rant about censorship and favoritism. That's not going to resolve anything.

I have no stake in either SuperATV or this forum financially, and have no obligation to either.
But looking at this thread out of idle curiosity, I support the forum's decision to do what was done.
If the OP had re-posted and started a level-headed discussion, it would have turned out much differently.

Someone else said that one should try to work it out with the vendor before going public, and this is true.
I suspect that the OP would say that he tried to do this, but I also suspect that a recording of that phone call would have painted a different picture.

This forum is not a charity, it's here to make money.
The vendors are also here to make money.
Both entities are also here to promote the sport, and the people participating in the sport, but they can't keep doing that if they have no money.
In order to keep the money coming, they have to maintain a good reputation, and sometimes that means censoring someone who goes off the chain and cannot work out an issue calmly.

I had an installation issue with a SuperATV product not long ago. I ended up working it out on my own, but contacted them afterward anyway. They were interested in my issue and willing to help, and I am sure that if the fault had been solely theirs, they would have made it right. But it was already "good enough" (my assessment) by the time I contacted them. I was mainly interested in providing product fitment feedback at that point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts