Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanna check on it... Im pretty much buyin it regardless... but anything i need to know bout these particular atv's? and my biggest concern is I tested it out today... rides good runs good kinda hard to shift but no biggie... but as i was ridin i noticed there was some sorta rattle underneith... it sounded internal and became more rapid with higher rpms.... any ideas? should i worry or is it typical for these to do that?

any help is great...

also looking for a good price on a brush gaurd front and rear... liked the one that atv-guru has but little more than i wanna spend... any suggestions on that and a best bang for my buck winch?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that could be it.. i really didnt get time to check it out a whole lot... im not to worried bout that just cause i know 4 wheelers make plenty of noise regardless... I think im gettin a good deal in it 2250 for it... 6k miles 515 hours.. body is in pretty good shape.. it was only ridden by people following a tour guide... once i get it i wanna get a brush guard for front and rear.. probably go with atv guru.. anyone delt with them? they worth it? and probably a winch at some point..

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey just wanna check on it... Im pretty much buyin it regardless... but anything i need to know bout these particular atv's? and my biggest concern is I tested it out today... rides good runs good kinda hard to shift but no biggie... but as i was ridin i noticed there was some sorta rattle underneith... it sounded internal and became more rapid with higher rpms.... any ideas? should i worry or is it typical for these to do that?

any help is great...

also looking for a good price on a brush gaurd front and rear... liked the one that atv-guru has but little more than i wanna spend... any suggestions on that and a best bang for my buck winch?
We have two 06 sportsman 450`s, there good machines and we have only had a couple of small problems with the two, but nothing major. I would try and figure out what the rattle is though because its not normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok.. thanks ghost... im actually buyin it from my employer.. i work at a resort in VA and the guy over the vehical maintance is gonna check it out for me.. the rattle is pretty faint but its there and could be a problem

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not sure on the rattle either, but I have an 06 450...my wife and I have been riding it 2up for the last year or 2 and it has been great. Yearly maintenance and that's it. We don't really ride hard, but do get into the mud sometimes. Great wheeler!

·
Registered
745 Posts
That rattle is probably the front prop shaft. It's not a super tight fit on the splines of the differential input shaft. It vibrates a little as you ride, and gets louder as you go faster. Might also be time to replace the u-joints. Napa 338

I've had a blast on my 450, and no major problems. The 450s have really soft springs (softer than the 500 and up), so I'd say first thing (after a good servicing of course) would be to get the HD springs up front. See here: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-brakes-suspension/13384-hd-springs-before-after.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts