Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my sportsman 600 and im planning on buying a 2013 suzuki kingquad 750. There is one that is 2013 kingquad750 eps. It has a winch and a plow installed which is a 800$ value. It does have 38 miles and 15 hours. The manager said they just used it this winter to plow the parking lot. I will save over 1700$ off msrp. Does any body have experience with demo atv. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Is it a factory Suzuki demo, or just a machine the shop used and is discounting?

When I worked at the Polaris dealer, there where two types of demos.

The first was a registered Polaris demo which meant instead of a 6 month warranty it only had a 3 month warranty. However polaris paid for the loss in value. The other one which was almost always the case for us was a shop used demo, where we took the hit on value and you still received the full 6 month warranty.

One thing to consider. No idea how Suzuki does it.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suzuki gives 1 year warranty on new quads. On this quad still has the full one year warranty. The price is recuced up to 1700$ of msrp plus it has a brand new warn 2500lb winch and cycle country plow. So its a good deal. The 38 miles it has was just driving it in and out the dealer for display.

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
My X2 was a demo model. It had 150 miles on it when I bought it and got about a $1200 discount. It came with the full factory 6 month warranty, just the same as if purchased new with 0 miles. I thought it was a great buy.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
38 miles and 15 hours??? does not sound right!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My X2 was a demo model. It had 150 miles on it when I bought it and got about a $1200 discount. It came with the full factory 6 month warranty, just the same as if purchased new with 0 miles. I thought it was a great buy.
Have you had any major problems?

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
Have you had any major problems?
It had an ECM issue that was causing a miss at WOT, but they replaced it under warranty. Don't think that was related in any way to it being a demo machine. Even gave me another demo unit as a loaner while they had mine in for repairs. :veryhappy: I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another demo unit and save some big $$$.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me..... what does the OTD price end up at? Just wondering as dealers usually sell below MSRP value from the sales floor anyway. But maybe not $1700 good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a good deal to me..... what does the OTD price end up at? Just wondering as dealers usually sell below MSRP value from the sales floor anyway. But maybe not $1700 good.
The msrp for them are 9,499 this atv is 8,000$ and its 9,100$ OTD.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
38 miles and 15 hours??? does not sound right!
Is doesnt not sound right .Why?
With an average speed of just 10 miles per hour in 15 hours it should have 150 miles on it. With an average speed of just 15 miles per hour in 15 hours it should have 225 miles on it. Someone pointed out that at 38 miles it would be an average speed of 2.5 MPH. Has anyone here driven their machine at 2.5 MPH for 15 hours? The fact that it has a plow has nothing to do with it? Does anyone here plow snow at 2.5 miles per hour??? Does not work very well does it?

Just saying that the numbers do not seem right. That is unless the machine sat around just idling for about 12 hours. I would ask them about the hours, to see what they have to say. The average human walks at 3.1 miles per hour.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 700 X2 was used as a primary plowing machine and it averaged out around 4.5 mph and the driveway was quite large, so 2.5 doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all.

Mine had 413 miles and I think about 96.5 hours or something close. It was under 100 hours.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The msrp for them are 9,499 this atv is 8,000$ and its 9,100$ OTD.
Ouch.... I think they could do a little better at that rate!! I was OTD with my 2012 Sportsman 800 with 2500# Winch, Glacier 3 Plow System, and Front/Rear Rack Extenders (all installed) for just over $7420 with year end clearance savings last fall!!!

Either way.... good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts