Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
3,203 Posts
Reactions: Doc8404 and Luann

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How's the buying process for 4 wheelers? Anything like snowmobiles where you have to "snowcheck" or roll the dice on dealer stock? Or can I pretty much order one anytime throughout the year? Stopped at a dealer yesterday just to sit on a couple. They had one 850 premium trail and a few 570s. Said he'd be getting more in throughout the year, but should I be jumping on one before they're gone? I don't see any leftovers anywhere either.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Skids to lock at are Ricochet or Iron Baltic. Aluminum or HDPE they have they're pros n cons.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Don't take our word, go look at one and grab and shake it, the sales guy will stop you very quickly so it don't bend!!!!

Reactions: Luann

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
How's the buying process for 4 wheelers? Anything like snowmobiles where you have to "snowcheck" or roll the dice on dealer stock? Or can I pretty much order one anytime throughout the year? Stopped at a dealer yesterday just to sit on a couple. They had one 850 premium trail and a few 570s. Said he'd be getting more in throughout the year, but should I be jumping on one before they're gone? I don't see any leftovers anywhere either.
If you find one, you better buy it, because there will be a line forming behind you. Be prepared to pay MSRP or very close to it.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
You will see my picture on the guru web sight....

Reactions: Luann

·
Registered
302 Posts
No snowcheck needed! They are pretty much made all year round. The only concern is that because of Covid, they have been selling like crazy and are asking full price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yes I figured there would be a covid premium. Thing is I won't really use it until probably March, but might just jump on one now anyway.

With the skid plates, do any of them work well with the plow mounting? Do you have to remove your skid plates to install the plow? What about the front bumper?

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Ok so then you need the Ricochet skids as they are designed to work with the integrated snowplow mounts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Pulled the trigger. 21 sportsman 850 premium trail. 10,500 +tax and reg. Not too bad I guess? Could have gotten the same without the trail package for 10, but I figure the winch is $400, so $100 for the polaris bumpers, if they really are garbage I can replace.

Next up skid plate. Kindof like the idea of the plastic ones sliding over rocks instead of grinding. Guess I need to really figure out if I'm actually going to plow with this or not. I don't want to have to take the skid plates off all the time, would also like to do some winter riding.

Also on my list is di electric greasing all connections. I've stumbled on some info about grease fitting relocation? I'm one to take good care of a machine... when not riding it. So any info or links to help me get up to speed on this machine would be great.

Thanks for all the info.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Congratulations, was it in stock or did you have to order it out?

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
842 Posts
Congrats. I would keep the OEM skids for now and see how they perform for your riding style and terrain. The plow will work with existing skids. You’d be better off spending the money on better tires. Immediately for maintenance I would get the bearing greaser and grease your wheel bearings. They come from the factory with very little grease. Dielectric to ensure your connections stay in good shape and buy a battery tender to keep the battery charged.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
What dealer did you get it from???

Dont ride the trails without the skids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Ricochet doesn't have the plastic and you are handy just but the Iron Baltic HDMEs and cut out the holes you need for the plow mount, that simple. I would do that as HDME Iron Baltics are tops on my list.

Definitely get the over the axle wheel bearing greaser. Check out that Cecco stuff like I mentioned in a previous post.

Def buy new tires and you don't need rims if you don't want them. Bighorn 2.0s get my vote in 26", 9s up front and 11s out back!!

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
530 Posts
He probably got the Big Horn look alikes with the trail package?

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Reactions: RoyR80

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes in stock. Picking it up next week. Definitely going to put skids on it, will order soon. I plan on giving the stock tires a try. What's the deal with them any good? Really I have no clue when it comes to tires, new to the game.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Congrats. I would keep the OEM skids for now and see how they perform for your riding style and terrain. The plow will work with existing skids. You’d be better off spending the money on better tires. Immediately for maintenance I would get the bearing greaser and grease your wheel bearings. They come from the factory with very little grease. Dielectric to ensure your connections stay in good shape and buy a battery tender to keep the battery charged.
Thanks good info. I didn't see this post before.. On the battery tender, seems these machines rely heavily on the battery, how screwed are you out in the woods with a dead battery? I have a tender already, do I need anything special?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts