Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Eagle seems to make a very nice plow. a friend of mine has the mid mount on his 850xp and swears by it. ive used a Sportsman 300 with the polaris plow and it worked well too. i prefer the mid mount as to how it distributes the weight better.

Edit:
Thor is a Suppoting member with his site Theatvsuperstore.com

it cheaper there!
http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/ATV-FRONT-MOUNT-PLOW-p/sportsman plow.htm

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the eagle mid mount 54" on my 500. The plow is great. Plowed through some heavy stuff last year and plow and machine worked great. Definitely go through Thor. The service he provides is amazing. Had a couple questions during install and he was always there. Go eagle you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I got my Warn county tapered plow, mount and push tube from Amazon. Best prices I could find. I just looked up the individual part numbers on Warns web site and looked them up on Amazon. Free shipping too.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I ordered my eagle plow directly from Eagle, w/free shipping.
American Mfg- Home of the Eagle Plow-1-800-328-4631, eagleplows.com .

Warn , Viper , and KFI also make very nice plow systems.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ordered an Eagle plow last night for my 850XP
bought the 60" mid-mount in black.

went through Theatvsuperstore.com

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
OP.... Nice choice in plow systems, you won't be disappointed! My father-in-law has my old Eagle (which came on the wife's wheeler). To order I'd either go direct or through Thor at the ATVSuperStore. Thor's a Great guy, very knowledgable and helpful. Very good vendor from my dealings through him. If I remember when I was pricing, either ordering direct or through Thor was within pennies of each other... so I'd personally go through Thor. He'll get the sale credit and it will more than likely drop ship from Eagle (American Mfg.) anyway!

here seems to be a god deal with god reviews. I'm ordering one next month

Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped ATV, 60" Blade | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Be careful..... it may look like a good deal, but you often times get what you pay for!!! :D

I'd personally go with an Eagle or Warn if looking at an aftermarket plow. FYI.... The Eagle is manufactured right here in Minnestoa... not China (Warn)!!

The Pure Polaris is decent too..... no complaints here. But the blade could be a little beefier after seeing an Eagle system in person!! THe rest of the system is comperable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm on the fence here I do allot of ice fishing and I go down old trails with allot of trees down and just drive over them is the front mount going to hinder this with reduced clearance? I cant find any good pics of the eagle front mount plate. Should I just go with the mid mount eagle and take the plate off in the summer?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I think ill take mine off for the summer

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The Eagle plows are nice..... heavy duty and built to last. The only down side I see with the Eagle mid mount is the mounting plate. Which is a 2 piece design, good design.... first plate bolts on flush and almost works like a skid plate. BUT, the second plate hangs about 3 inches lower and with 4 carrage bolt in slots can "easily" (?) be removed. Not very convieniant if you want to pull the plow for an afternoon to go romp in the snow. But great if you just plow with it all winter long and don't play. Had the Mid Mount 60" system on the machine I bought for the wife (2005 Sportsman 400)... altered to fit my father-in-laws Honda Rancher 350 now, he loves it for his driveway and ice fishing. (MADE IN USA)

I have no direct experiance with the warn, just all the praise the Warn Provantage front mount recieves here (MADE IN CHINA)

I currently have the Pure Polaris Glacier 3 Mid Mount 60" system on my Sportsman 800 and love it. Easy On & Easy Off.... no mounting hangs below the frame rails (other than bracket thickness, no more than 1/4 inch). The blade could be a slightly heavier guage material and taller, but it has worked great regardless. I just added a thick rubber flap to keep snow from rolling over the top. (Guessing - MADE IN CHINA ?)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm on the fence here I do allot of ice fishing and I go down old trails with allot of trees down and just drive over them is the front mount going to hinder this with reduced clearance? I cant find any good pics of the eagle front mount plate. Should I just go with the mid mount eagle and take the plate off in the summer?
My eagle front mount hangs rather low. I pull mine off if I go for a ride in the winter. It sucks but it takes me less than 10min to pull it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I haven't found a cleaner mounting system than the glacier 3. Like Mustbenice said, easy on easy off and absolutely minimal clearance loss.

As for the complaints about the blades, blades can be swapped out without changing the whole system. So if you don't like the size or heft of a blade swap it for one you do like.

·
Registered
978 Posts
OP.... Nice choice in plow systems, you won't be disappointed! My father-in-law has my old Eagle (which came on the wife's wheeler). To order I'd either go direct or through Thor at the ATVSuperStore. Thor's a Great guy, very knowledgable and helpful. Very good vendor from my dealings through him. If I remember when I was pricing, either ordering direct or through Thor was within pennies of each other... so I'd personally go through Thor. He'll get the sale credit and it will more than likely drop ship from Eagle (American Mfg.) anyway!

here seems to be a god deal with god reviews. I'm ordering one next month

Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped ATV, 60" Blade | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Be careful..... it may look like a good deal, but you often times get what you pay for!!! :D

I'd personally go with an Eagle or Warn if looking at an aftermarket plow. FYI.... The Eagle is manufactured right here in Minnestoa... not China (Warn)!!

The Pure Polaris is decent too..... no complaints here. But the blade could be a little beefier after seeing an Eagle system in person!! THe rest of the system is comperable.
so did lots of research and the tusk is cheaper but made as good as eagle! everyone that has one swears buy them. some say its better then eagle. im going with tusk and saving a few hundred bucks... heard a rumor tusk is actually made by eagle, but that was from a can-am guy so who knows lol

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
and here I was thinking Tusk was the new Kevin Smith movie...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the eagle genII front mount plow from theatvsuperstore my card was declined and they called me about 3 min.later and we got it straightened out. Great service! I received the plow 7 days later at a great price! I love the plow but the assembly was a pain in the a&$ due totally to the terrible instructions. I consider my mechanical skills about an 8 out of 10 and let me tell you what I basicly just figured it out on my own and youtube had nothing.
it took 2 hours when it should have taken less than 1!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts