Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I was looking into buying an Outlaw 525irs! I have a Predator right now, but I've heard Outlaws run circles around them. So basically what should I look for when I got to buy one? Are there any major things that stick out on Outlaws that I should be sure to check? Also, I was looking into modding it after I get one. I heard that the rath racing air filter kit is good to get, any other good mods I should get? I wanted to put an FMF Megabomb header on it, but anywhere I go it says it's for the 525s or the 450mxr. Do they not make it for the IRS? I have a Pure Polaris exhaust on my pred right now, could I put one on an Outlaw? If you guys have any suggestions please let me know! It's going to be a trail bike 90% of the time. I might take it to my local track for fun one day. I mostly ride in creeks, dirt, gravel, and mud, so anything that helps these things perform better in the those condition please let me know!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
if you choose the irs look for rear end sounds clicking grinding make sure the boots are not torn, and then normal checking out like you would on other quads bearings, sounds etc...... rath intake is only for the s/mxr its really small id opt for something else, powerbomb and megabomb are cool looking but thats where it ends....exhaust i run hmf i hear yosh is good and there are really top end ones if you wanna spend the cash.......id look into boreing the carb and mainly shock work you want a badass trail machine you do them shocks so you dont have too slow down in the rough stuff mine i dont stop for nothing

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you choose the irs look for rear end sounds clicking grinding make sure the boots are not torn, and then normal checking out like you would on other quads bearings, sounds etc...... rath intake is only for the s/mxr its really small id opt for something else, powerbomb and megabomb are cool looking but thats where it ends....exhaust i run hmf i hear yosh is good and there are really top end ones if you wanna spend the cash.......id look into boreing the carb and mainly shock work you want a badass trail machine you do them shocks so you dont have too slow down in the rough stuff mine i dont stop for nothing

I think I'm going to pick this one up. What do you think? He agreed to $2800

'07 Polaris Outlaw 525irs

·
Registered
521 Posts
yes i seen that at polarisproriders.com i am REDPRED there

it looks good just take care of checking all the small things and mainly that rear end but if you have the coin i believe the whole rearend assembly is 400 bucks shipped brand new so if it has issues tell him too take that much off for repair at least

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i seen that at polarisproriders.com i am REDPRED there

it looks good just take care of checking all the small things and mainly that rear end but if you have the coin i believe the whole rearend assembly is 400 bucks shipped brand new so if it has issues tell him too take that much off for repair at least
Where are the boots on it? The outlaw is totally new to me lol. They guy said they were in perfect condition

·
Registered
521 Posts
boots are on the rear roll it foward and backwards and ride it in tight turns too ensure theres no clicking coming from back there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts