Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I do realize we already have a tire picture thread. It's pages and pages of 26" Bighorns and 27" Grim Reapers. I'm not sitting through a 100 pages of that. Let's see all the monster tires, Silverbacks, Outlaws, Monster Mayhems, Terminators etc.. Post your pics and explain your mods on how to fit your big tires and what you have broke running your monster tires. This is the 29"+ crowd only!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This is what I had on my 850 XP......30 IN. MAXXIS MUDZILLAS!!!!!! I had no clutch or lift kit installed...loved them!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is what I had on my 850 XP......30 IN. MAXXIS MUDZILLAS!!!!!! I had no clutch or lift kit installed...loved them!!!!
Nice, was there any rubbing under load or anything?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
the only rubbing happen if I was going wide open and I hit a big bump otherwise it was perfect

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Buckmaster, I always forget about the Mudzillas since everyone talks about Zilla's. How is the rubber is it really soft and how are they on hard pack?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CajunTim, seem like everyone is afraid of taking the plunge into the realm of Outlaw territory. They are big and heavy. Have you broken anything? What have you done to beef your bike up?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have read that mudzillas are one of the worst mud tires, but they wear like iron.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Buckmaster, I always forget about the Mudzillas since everyone talks about Zilla's. How is the rubber is it really soft and how are they on hard pack?
Great...I put 2000 miles on them and they showed very little wear....they rode the trails really good as well....I loved them...I just bought a 1000 xp and thinking about putting some on it

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very nice!!! Do the monster mayhems ride rough at low speeds

·
Registered
545 Posts
CajunTim, seem like everyone is afraid of taking the plunge into the realm of Outlaw territory. They are big and heavy. Have you broken anything? What have you done to beef your bike up?

I've only taken it for a ride up & down the street with these on it. Even with my clutch kit for 28" it was slow going. I've got Cobra Axles on the front & that's it. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it on a ride with these or not.

I traded my 28" MegaMayhems for some 29.5" OL2s which are heavier than those 31s so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well keep us posted with your findings. I hope this thread does well for guys looking at buying big mud tires. I really want 30's but not sure yet...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I loved my 30s on my 850 xp...loved them....did I say loved them :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not heavy at all for tires that size....spin tires all day long and loss of power was very very minimal...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
No lift ...no rubbing...only if you hit a big bump at high speeds would you hear a rubbing

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's funny I installed 28" Mega Mayhem's and now that my friend has bought a 1000 XMR I'm looking at trading in the 28" tires for 29.5+ tires haha. Glad someone created this thread.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts