Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 trail boss 325.When I bought it I was told its just a carb problem.Idle low when revved up it bogged down.I brought it home it home cleaned carb started back up ,still revved on low so I let it idle and warm up then started revving and playing with throttle.It started backfiring and spiting and sputtering,and exhaust got cherry red,if you spit on it it would boil.From reading I think its the exhaust lobe.Here are some pics tell me what you think. Also I don't know if someone tried fixing before and didn't line things up right.pics of rocker arms included .also i was wondering if the marks on the sprocket are lined up right,and there is a silver or gold link in the chain does this mean any thing.ty again

Attachments

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Every thing looks ok to me, marks on timing chain gear line up with top of head as pictured, should be Top dead center , there is also a mark on flywheel, have to pull a n inspection plug to see it, when all is lined up set the valve at .006, intake and exhaust

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cam

where would the inspection plug be and look like.also how would i set to .006 .I got the sprocket off and put new cam on, but cant get it back on the chain is to tight please help.

ty

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Look at the top of this page , in the stickies, under service manuals, there is one for a trailboss 330, should answer your questions

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
how to get chain on camlobe sprocket

This is how you get cam shaft sprocket on .Its called Timing Chain Tensioner .dont over tighteng its soft like a spark plug,it will break. it tightengs and loosens the chaine on the cam sprocket.Got one in the mail from over tightning.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts