·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are new part number 2872333-419 for Generation IV Sportsman. Retail for 169.00 anyone with an offer? Brand new in the box, I didn't even open it. Store I bought from went out of business and are for the wrong model. C'mon, someone wants to camo up thier ride. Hunting season started.

·
Registered
27 Posts
jomedic,

while we are on the topic of fenders. Would you or any others know of some Fender Guards/protectors (not the flairs) that would fit our Sportsmans?

Let me be more specific, I need some fender side protection when swiping thru tight tree squeezes on my hunting property. I am already scuffing up the plastic and want to prevent any plastic tears. The tight tree widths will push in the plastic sides just a little not much so the sides buckle some, this happens at least in two places when I ride up the center trail and no way around it unfortunately (how the terrain layout is).

My application is no extra width and the fender flairs out there that I am seeing looks like it would be more of a problem having them on. (Example)
Ref: http://www.atvserver.com/mm5/mercha...Code=ATV&Product_Code=OFSPL&Category_Code=FEN

Please note: The above link is an example not soliciting for any company and what is presented looks cool and I imagine does provide nice protection and even from mud slinging lol..lol But with an extra 1"inch on each side it would just add to my problem, I need a flat molding panel type that would wrap around the edge like a kick-plate sorta design, make sense?

Thanks,

R'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R'
Sorry, but I can't help you there. I agree that adding flares only adds to the problem.
Good luck!
Jomedic

·
Registered
563 Posts
The purepolaris.com site has body guards for the Sportsman(not fender flares)

·
Registered
27 Posts
True, but my thoughts about the body guards (BG) are that it won't let my plastic buckle enough to squeeze between the trees and and it looks like the BG rides along the outside edge like fender flairs do so I think it would NOT help me. But then again I am only going by pictures and never had them or seem them on a bike.

Opinions?

Thx,

R'

·
Registered
27 Posts
That would be all be you! Thanks for the offer...:)

P.S Still holding out for something different for my unique fender requirements!

R'

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm, yea well its easier said then done! If I was in the outback and needed to get to point A to point B, no problem! But this is hunting property and I would have to hack several trees down, so I think for me I would like to bulletproof my Quad just that much more. But if stuck, here comes JASON! lol...lol

R'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Camo4u looks like they're adhesive. These are the stretch on heavy duty material with clips that you can remove if you want to. They are a Genuine Polaris part and Mossy Oak pattern. Very sharp looking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way, I just opened the box and man are they sharp looking. Very heavy duty material. I also looked them up by part number and they'll fit the Gen IV, Gen IV+ and the Gen VI models. I'll let them go for $55 shipped to US Lower, that's more than $100 less than retail and they're new.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts