Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Cabelas Today and seen they have a cado ATV wrap for 180$. Anyone ever do this? Was wanting to I like camo and think it Wld look awesome but wondering if its a pain to do

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
You'd be better off getting the plastic Hydrographic dipped. more durable, and more uniform.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I was at Cabelas Today and seen they have a cado ATV wrap for 180$. Anyone ever do this? Was wanting to I like camo and think it Wld look awesome but wondering if its a pain to do
I had a Bayou 300 a few years ago, and used the wrap to cover the whole atv and it held up well over the years. Make sure it is the cloth wrap and not some duct tape that some sell. It takes some planning and patience when installing since you will be fitting and cutting each piece, but looks very good when done, and who cares if it's perfect, it's Camo

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
The hydrographics process is what all the manufacturers use for they stock camo options. It's longer lasting than a wrap because if it gets scratched it won't start peeling like a wrap does if the hydrographic was done properly. It also has better uv resistance and will maintain its color better. for camo you really don't need the uniform look, but for other types, like a carbon fiber graphic or a graphic design like skulls or what not you don't want weird lines going through the design. There are also WAY more options for hydrographic designs than there are for wraps. so finding the right camo for you is easier too. No, it's not cheap. but it looks way better than a wrap does.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The hydrographics process is what all the manufacturers use for they stock camo options. It's longer lasting than a wrap because if it gets scratched it won't start peeling like a wrap does if the hydrographic was done properly. It also has better uv resistance and will maintain its color better. for camo you really don't need the uniform look, but for other types, like a carbon fiber graphic or a graphic design like skulls or what not you don't want weird lines going through the design. There are also WAY more options for hydrographic designs than there are for wraps. so finding the right camo for you is easier too. No, it's not cheap. but it looks way better than a wrap does.
Like I said, who cares if it's perfect....its camo. This fella may not have a hydrographics place near him, plus he might not want to completely disassemble the body of his 4 wheeler, and pay shipping and the added cost of hydrographics. The camo wrap can be done in your garage with a pair of scissors and an xacto knife. Does it look as nice as hydrographics...no, but when you are done with it you can look at it and relish in the thought that you did it yourself, and saved a lot of money by doing it yourself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts